Did the batteries in JUUL devices get worse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balph Eubanks

Jun 26, 2022
I started vaping back in 2019 using JUULs. I started off with 2 devices. The batteries lose their ability to hold a charge so I noticed after after about a year, the devices would go from green to yellow even without a lot of use.

So I bought 2 more devices. Pretty much every 12 months, I bought 2 devices (JUULs won't let you buy more than 2 at a time).

I bought new JUUL devices 6 months ago when JUUL had a sale. 2 more devices. I have noticed though that even after only 6 months, the 2 new devices are losing their ability to hold a charge too.

Some of the older devices seem to hold a charge better than the newest ones, even though the older devices have been used a lot more.

Did JUULs start using different batteries for their newer devices? Trying to figure out why the batteries in newer JUUL devices degrade faster than the batteries in older JUUL devices.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi and welcome,

If the product is failing prematurely, contact manufacturer support.

Please share the replies you received from Juul when you contacted support about these issues.
How long did you smoke and how many did you smoke per day?
How many Juul pods are you using per week and at which nicotine strength(s)?

Where are you located?

Cheers
I

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Hi and welcome. A lot of things can affect battery life - the age of the batteries, how long they were in storage before they were sent to you, storage and shipping conditions (e.g. temperature, the batteries' level of charge while they were stored) - so it's possible that it's just a fluke. Of course, it's also possible that, as you suggested, JUUL has changed something about the batteries and the quality has deteriorated.

I don't think there are too many JUUL users around here, but there are some so hopefully someone will be able to help you out. If you're interested in alternatives, we can also help you find options that would give you a similar experience. You might want to check out the Pod forum.

Balph Eubanks

Jun 26, 2022
Of course, it's also possible that, as you suggested, JUUL has changed something about the batteries and the quality has deteriorated.

Thanks for the reference to the Pod forum. I'll check it out.

I suspect JUUL changed the battery type. The reason I suspect this is because the older JUUL devices hold their charge longer than the newer ones even though the older devices have been used more often.

Unfortunately, I didn't keep track of when I bought the devices. I did mark each of the devices with permanent markers with a number so I could tell which device is which.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread