Juul vs. Aspire Premium Kit vs. ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

texasmuser

Feb 9, 2019
Howdy, Folks . . .
Smoker for 45 years, tried a couple of times to quit and failed; tried a couple of (maybe) first generation e-cigs. and failed. I want and need to quit the tobacco! Can you help me with some guidance concerning which device to use? juul appears to have 70% of the market for people like me, but a video I saw suggested that the Aspire Premium Kit provides alot more flexibility/control of things (but, its been discontinued and may no longer be available). $50 (or so) price point and a device that can be carried at all times/everywhere in a pocket is needed.
I greatly appreciate all/any help.

dsites

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2017
Nederland, Colorado
Welcome to ECF .... you're on the right track. As you mentioned, Jule has 70% of the market and there must be a reason for it. The price to get started is fairly cheap.

With that said, Juul is expensive in the long run and kits from Aspire or Innokin are available at your price point. Buying and especially mixing your own juice brings the cost down significantly.

The important thing is to get started.... You'll be glad you did.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The juul works. It has issues though. The pods come prefilled and the total price per ml of juice is outlandishly high. Also there is no way to reduce your nicotine consumption slowly over time. Basically the classic razor blade model of profit.

The go-to suggestion for a beginner kit that is also usable longer term around here has for a while been the innokin kroma-a with the zenith atty. it’s neither particularly small nor particularly cheap in initial outlay. It has some serious advantages over pod systems in general though as far as long term cost and vape quality goes.
If it’s simply too large to be an option for you there is the target mini 40w. This one behaves similarly to the kroma-a kit but is a good bit smaller and a bit more up market looking. It’s got much lower total power so if it turns out you want a more powerful DL style vape you’ll probably have to buy an entire new kit though.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
texasmuser, the most important thing is to find out what type of vaping style suits you.

Do you vape or wish to vape a little like smoking? This is known as MTL (Mouth To Lung).

Or would you just inhale? This would be DTL (Direct To Lung).

The best way to find out through, is to visit a local vape store where you can try different liquids.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
You might read through the Pods sub forum for suggestions. There are some drawbacks to Juul , as mentioned. It might be a good way to test the waters, so to speak, but likely you’ll get a little tired of paying so much for the pods in time.

I never like to say skip it for that reason, because I know, in the beginning some of us just want the simplest thing we can find just to see if vaping will be a plausible replacement for smoking. We can always upgrade and branch out later.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Burbank CAlifornia
I think of the Juul as something you can buy in the gas station if you have no resources to plan ahead. Sure, maybe a good way to see if vaping will work for you but as others said buy something that is more cost effective in the long run and not so disposable. Chances are you will be so happy at the money you save with vaping vs cigs that it will make it more of a reality to stick with it. Also, something that you can refill.
Here is something close to the Aspire you speak of that is discontinued Aspire Tigon Kit - Vape Pen
here is a link for the one spoken of above Innokin Kroma-A Zenith Starter Kit
here is a page of starter kits myvaporstore | Online Vape shop - Vape Mods, Eliquid and Ecigs
Read the reviews and even cross-reference here at this forum using the search tab (upper right corner)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It kind of really depends what you want out of vaping and how much time you have to vape. If you plan on vape breaks like cigarette breaks I actually see the Juul as being a better option than some others, there is a reason for its 70% market share. I will say, if you start on the Juul and move to something else, you may have a hard time stepping away from its "proprietary" eliquid which is super high in nic and some other "else' (JMHO and I only tried it once) juice.

If you go with a refillable pod or even an Kroma starter kit you will have the option to experiment with many more juices, I guess, and you may still need to start high unless you are able to vape more frequently.

I don't really know the answer to this one, but I will say DO NOT buy something that has been discontinued, if you love it and then can't find pods, bits, whatever that will wind up being a waste of money and a PITA for you,

Welcome, and good luck.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread