K100 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timbuck55

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2014
Queens, New York, United States
Hello all, I received my k100 today and extremely excited to play around with it. I currently use a MVP2 and a SID. I've been dabbling in building coils and have built a dual coil IGO w3 at .8 ohms. Can't wait to try it on the k100. A question I do have is it safe to run regular clearomizers on a k100? The batteries I have are 2 18650. One is MNKE IMR 1500mah and the other is an EH IMR 1600mah. Any advice is helpful. Thank you.

ImThatGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
California
Those clearomizers' resistance would have to be 2.0, can't be lower. Those fresh charged batteries are shooting 4.2v so running lower resistance clearomizers would burn them out. (this is without voltage loss...which the k100 has some, but not enough to be really inefficient, cant' recommend going lower than 1.8 on the clearomizers/cartomizers).

Timbuck55

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2014
Yeah, That'd be alot of power going into the atomizer, which ends in what is said above ^. Once you start getting into mechanicals although, you might find that you rather stay there, Like me :)

Ya I have a .8 ohm dual coil igo w3 I'm going to test out when I get home. I hope it hits like a champ lol

Timbuck55

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2014
just make sure you open up the air holes, im running a .9 on my set up below right now. Using mainly pg juice, cant tolerate vg and I can still create a nice fog in the living room.

Yea I will make sure to do that thank you. I tried it with a 1.8 single coil and it was so airy I barely got any vapor. I'm hoping this dual coil will be to my liking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread