k101 rda setup HELP. Battery HELP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

thinking of geting the K101 mod from ebay.
K101 Empire Cone Telescopic Mechanical Mods COMPLETE SET KIT Metal | eBay

I have just bought my first rda the stillare.

I know a little about RDAs and ohms law etc. I am currently using my RDA on an MVP 2.0 and running a single coil with 28 gauge A1 kanthol running at 1.5 ohms.

Just want some knowledge on the best battery for low ohm vaping such as 0.24 ohm that will run on a k101 mod. I have heard the sony 30amp battery is good but which would you reccommend to buy.
2 Genuine Sony 18650 C4 2100mAh 30A IMR High Drain: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Genuine-Son...1410514791&sr=8-3&keywords=sony+18650+battery

Or is there any other batteries you reccommend? :unsure:

Or again is there any cheap alternative mechanical mods you reccommend? I am on a tight budget so nothing to expensive.

I will need to buy an ohms reader for around 12.99
I already have my dripper.
Will need to buy a charger (K101 has charger with it)
and 2 decent batteries.

Any help is appreciated thanks.

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
Here's some battery info for you, although it hasn't been updated for some time:

Battery Data | God of Steam

I've been reading about some clone Sony's being sold through Amazon, but I have no personal knowledge about that. Just to be on the safe side, I'd buy from a reputable dealer instead, like RTDvapor. It seems that the Sony VTC5s are hard to come by recently. Can't help if you're looking for a UK vendor.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Authentic Sony VTR series batteries are almost impossible to find. The Sony VTR series batteries are now being made in a facility in the Phillipines after the original plant in Japan was damaged by the nuclear accident. Hopefully availability will change once their new factory in the Philippines is up and running at 100% capacity.

How to Spot Fake Sony Batteries
Sony Real vs Fake.jpg

Only buy batteries from a reputable supplier (not ebay or Amazon) as there are many counterfeit batteries being sold. Here are a few reputable battery suppliers in the US.

* Illumination Supply
* Lighthound
* Orbtronics
* RTD Vapor

Check out a blog post by Baditude (our resident battery/safety expert) regarding batteries and chargers

Battery Basics for Mods: IMR or Protected ICR?
- choose the safest and right battery for your applications here. Includes a list of name brand, high-drain, safe-chemistry batteries with mAh & amp ratings in 18350, 18490/18500, and 18650 sizes.

Thanks for the help guys.

Looking at the pictures on amazon and the pictures of real and fake batteries they look like they are legit.

I could always purchase them and see if they are real?

And ideally I am looking for a UK seller. Are there any other batteries you would reccomend and I am starting to change my mind about the K101 I am looking along the lines of the PANZER or NEMESIS clones,

What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread