Status
Not open for further replies.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
Just got one of the from VapeUpUsa in Chula Vista Ca. and there is no thread for it here so I will add it.
This mod is hand crafted in the Philippines and utilizes a Texas Instrument chip for variable voltage (no VW)
I haven't located all the spec yet but here's what I got so far.
Requires two 18650 batteries, they are in series with no reverse battery protection so one must be careful or you can fry the chip.
Output is 2.5 volts to 5.5 volts 10 amp max. and will fire as low as 0.4 Ω and perhaps lower.
Appears to have protection against shorts at the atty but no auto shutoff with low battery.
This is not for everyone that's for sure. There is no lock on the fire button, you can dial it down all the way but it still supplied the atty with some voltage.
I really like it.

This video is of a prototype, pretty close to the finished product.

Her's mine
1604935_737788629578697_1613407978_n.jpg

1800278_738111222879771_1167972641_n.jpg

If someone has any more info on these please post it here.

Last edited:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
So after some pretty heavy use at work last night I checked the battery voltage.
I use an atty of 0.8 Ω, it was 4.1 on the Sony green 30 amper's but I changed them anyway.
Just checked that set after some pretty heavy use from this morning and this evening and got 4.06 volts on my Efest 2250's (Panasonic)
This does use two batteries, but efficiency of the chip seems real good.

Also it has a floating pin in the 510 socket

Last edited:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
About 12 days later and I'm still really liking everything about this mod but there is one thing that bothers me about it and it bothers me a lot. And that is I mod something on just about every piece of vape gear that I have except for batteries and I can't find a single thing that needs "a little something" on this.

There is just about zero info out there on this besides what I posted, if anyone has some please post it here.

Last edited:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Last edited:

Oakman_Smalls

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
Colorado Springs, CO
Bumping an old thread, as I have a lot of experience with this particular mod. The DPM VV is as stated above; vv from 2.5-5.5 (my personal experience is that with voltage loss it maxes at 5.39 volts) The Ti chip is rated for up to 10 amps and does not have reverse polarity protection. They retail for 240-250 plus shipping. They are made in PH by a team of skilled modders. This is the best fit and finish I have had from any box mod. No gaps, warps, or defects. The screen is seemlessly incorperated into the wood to give a sleek and clean apperance.

My personal results have been great. This mod runs a genny atomizer at 3.3 volts just as well as a dripper at 4.7 volts. Its a very well rounded device. I was originally worried that the 10amp switch would really hold me back but that has not proven to be the case. The easiest way to think of it is dont bring your voltage over the ohms of your build. ie .4 coil dont go over 4 volts, .5 ohm stay under 5 volts. Its an easy system that takes the guess work out of knowing if your build and voltage are safe.

Overall I highly recomend this mod (ive owned two) and any DPM product for that matter. Best customer service I have come across

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread