Kamry K1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernard Marx

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
attic
I just bought this and am having a bit of a problem. First off I must have fried the coil right off the bat since it tasted like electricity. I ordered and received some new coils and put one in and then it wouldn't get any power so I took the pipe apart and put it back together again and it worked really nicely for a tank but when I added new juice it stopped giving power again so I took it apart again and got it working only to once more taste burnt coil. Apparently it is compatible with a Nautilus cartomizer - my question is: Should I spring for the $35 or so for the Nautilus and expect it to work or write it off as a bad experience. I really liked the old fashioned pipe experience when it worked.

Bernard Marx

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
attic
To reply to myself here - I just fired it up with a FULL tank and it seems to be working now. I put some plastic electrical tape around the mouthpiece to prevent the metal flavor of the stem and wrapped a strip around the tank to make it look a little less clinical and I'm off to the races. I would still be interested though in other tank options and stem choices if you happen to know this. ( My battery works with the positive up fine.) Thanks.

Last edited:

Big Juicy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Placentia, CA
Sorry to hear about your troubles mate. You get what you pay for. I would never buy one of those, though I have heard of people getting good use out of them as a beater pipe. Personally, I wouldn't spend another nickel fixing it up and instead look for a high quality, handmade epipe that speaks to you. This is a damn good list of vendors worth researching:

Directory of Custom ePipe Makers in ePipe Model Discussion - Page 1 of 3

Bernard Marx

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
attic
To sum this up for posterity: I went to the vape shop and got a Kanger Protank with air flow regulator; to the tobacco shop for a rubber tip for the stem; put the battery in positive side up on a recommendation regarding safety, and I am flying. It is a fantastic vape now. I will still keep my eyes open for a traditional pipe mod though.

Bylbo Baggins

Jul 30, 2014
Ohio
I'm on my first week with my K 1000 with no problems yet knock on wood mine said to install battery positive up so the is what I did as for stem I added a churchwarden stem from a regular pipe just pressed in the double O ring connector from the drip tip that came with the pipe it seems to be working fine
ary6y4u2.jpg

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
I have a k-1000 as well. Don't like the standard tank (or the stem) that it came with. I have a kf mini clone that I'll put on it when I want.... My only complaint is the fire button seems a bit wonky. Almost if I don't push directly down, I don't get good contact with the battery. I believe positive side is up on the battery (though I've fired it both ways....)

Hopefully the new tank yields better results for you :)

P.S. Bilbo, LOVE your configuration.... Not sure how a stem like yours would look with my RED pipe :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread