Kanger Aero tank first impression

Status
Not open for further replies.

robcope

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2010
Texas
Build: I like the old school look, but hey I am an older guy. I did notice the base doesn't fit exactly right there is just a slightly larger gap on one side. Barely noticable and doesn't leak. Over all, great solid tank. No more worries about juice getting in batteries. That may be the best attribute. First thing my 18 year old said, was "wow dad, that's big, but it's nice.

Stock performance: I installed the 2.2 ohm dual coil and put it on my MVP v2. With the air adjusted to protank 2 performance the sweet spot was about 8 watts a watt higher then the protank 2. Good TH and nice vapor. With the air holes completely opened it vaped well at 11 watts, but wishing I could have cranked it to about 13. It did give an ok TH, but the vapor was fantastic. Will try it on my evic after the work day ends.

Overall, I like it alot. I think it will perform well when I put the base on my protank 2 with a single coil atty. I will add more as I go, as I've only had it an hour.

I have already ordered two bases for my other protanks. So, yes I think it is worth the money.

Sent on my awesome Galaxy note 2.

Build: I like the old school look, but hey I am an older guy. I did notice the base doesn't fit exactly right there is just a slightly larger gap on one side. Barely noticable and doesn't leak. Over all, great solid tank. No more worries about juice getting in batteries. That may be the best attribute. First thing my 18 year old said, was "wow dad, that's big, but it's nice.

Stock performance: I installed the 2.2 ohm dual coil and put it on my MVP v2. With the air adjusted to protank 2 performance the sweet spot was about 8 watts a watt higher then the protank 2. Good TH and nice vapor. With the air holes completely opened it vaped well at 11 watts, but wishing I could have cranked it to about 13. It did give an ok TH, but the vapor was fantastic. Will try it on my evic after the work day ends.

Overall, I like it alot. I think it will perform well when I put the base on my protank 2 with a single coil atty. I will add more as I go, as I've only had it an hour.

I have already ordered two bases for my other protanks. So, yes I think it is worth the money.

Sent on my awesome Galaxy note 2.

Could you please tell me where I can get an Aerotank base? I bought the PT3 the day before the Aero was announced (kanger really needs to work on spacing out release dates IMO) and I don't want to shell out the cash for yet another tank if I can upgrade my old PT2s just by swapping out the base.

Also, I would highly appreciate seeing a pic of the Aerotank on your MVP, as that's one of my daily devices. I'll post pics of the Aero (if i end up buying one that is) on my iTaste 134 and MVP 2.0 if anybody is interested.

Thanks in advance!

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Could you please tell me where I can get an Aerotank base? I bought the PT3 the day before the Aero was announced (kanger really needs to work on spacing out release dates IMO) and I don't want to shell out the cash for yet another tank if I can upgrade my old PT2s just by swapping out the base.

Also, I would highly appreciate seeing a pic of the Aerotank on your MVP, as that's one of my daily devices. I'll post pics of the Aero (if i end up buying one that is) on my iTaste 134 and MVP 2.0 if anybody is interested.

Thanks in advance!

sunvapers for the base

Replacement Parts Archives - Sun-Vapers.com

Last edited:

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Thanks for the early impressions - sounds promising.

How is the finish of the tank (specifically, the upper cap)? I ask because the promo pics from Kanger show a sleek, KFL-like design whereas the pics I've seen from "real life" show a wavy upper cap. I'm just curious as to which form it's typically shipping in.

Here's a couple of pics to highlight the differences...

Kanger aerotank clearomizer – KangerTech

Hotest! Aero tank from kangertech authenic kanger product aerotank, View aero tank, Kanger Product Details from Shenzhen A-Touch Electronic Co., Ltd. on Alibaba.com

rsdntbplr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
Northamptonshire, England, UK
Thanks for the early impressions - sounds promising.

How is the finish of the tank (specifically, the upper cap)? I ask because the promo pics from Kanger show a sleek, KFL-like design whereas the pics I've seen from "real life" show a wavy upper cap. I'm just curious as to which form it's typically shipping in.

Here's a couple of pics to highlight the differences...

Kanger aerotank clearomizer – KangerTech

Hotest! Aero tank from kangertech authenic kanger product aerotank, View aero tank, Kanger Product Details from Shenzhen A-Touch Electronic Co., Ltd. on Alibaba.com

The genuine aerotanks should all now come with the smooth drip tip, rather than the styled one. Got my Aerotank through today and it comes with the verification genuine sticker (which has been confirmed to be genuine) and it has the smooth drip-tip.

I believe the ones that come with the styled tip are indeed not the genuine Kanger product. The one you linked to in your post definitely looks to me as though it's a fake.

Edit: Actually, I think the early sample models might have come with the styled drip tip. Not 100% on that! though.

Last edited:
Quick update a couple of weeks in...the tank itself remains outstanding. The air flow control is not at all finnicky or prone to moving when putting in/pulling out of my pants pocket as some reviews have posited. The heads, however, are another story. The first I had worked great...for three days. After that it was lackluster at best. The second was not very good from the beginning.

Now I rebuild my heads using 32ga Kanthal and cotton wicks in the same dual-coil configuration they come in from the factory. These are the best heads I have ever used, and their production doesn't diminish after a few days.

In my opinion, the nonresistive wires used for the legs in the stock coils is the problem. Specifically, the solder join between the NR wire and the Kanthal. I have noticed that if I attempt to reposition a stock coil in a stock head, no matter how slightly, the connection is broken between the Kanthal and NR wire. I believe the solder join deteriorates over time and results in less heat produced in the coil. I don't use NR wire for my coil legs and never have an issue. I could be making this up, but my results seem to speak for themselves.

If you do rebuild the coils, make sure the grommet you have is one of the ones that is more clear...they have higher silicone content. The grommets that are white are made of rubber and will burn easily, leaving a terrible burnt rubber taste. This is likely why Kanger uses NR wire for the legs, but I think a better solution is to use silicone content, eliminate the NR wire, and eliminate the weak point in the coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread