Kanger Aerotank Mega

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat Eyez

ECF Veteran
Thank you for the tip on filling past the 4 holes! I love my Mega. It's hands down the best tank I've had yet. And boy have I gone through tanks. Three weeks ago I bought a Nautilus Aspire and I found it a major disappointment. I went through coils almost daily and still had a burnt taste. That has all gone away with the Mega, but the empty space in the tank seems odd when there's a lot more space for juice. I just filled mine past the 4 holes and the tank looks full and is working just fine!
I've heard several peeps say the same about the burnt taste after putting in a new coil on their Aspire Nautilus (if that is in fact what happened in your circumstance) and I think I know what is probably happening. I too had this issue after first putting in a new coil. After lots of research I found out its the construction of the way this tank utilizes a suction type system in the way it works. You basically have to drop a tiny amount of e liquid on the coil and around the holes before putting it in your tank (A thin coat all over it doesn't hurt ). Then screw it in but dont over tighten it. After you have it in the tank filled with juice, just shake the hell out of it until u see some air bubbles come up from the bottom. Be patient bc this can take a little while to get that perfect sweet spot flavor. I usually shake, test it on low voltage for air bubbles and flavor, then shake and let it sit a while, intermediately shake some more and before u know it, Viola! You will finally see what all the rave has been about with the Nautilus [emoji122][emoji16] ! After each draw, you should see air bubbles coming up each time, indicating its getting a nice flow of liquid into the coil, otherwise you will undoubtedly get that burnt taste every time. But once youve got it, youve got it… its not going to go dry on u again until your next coil change, & even then, its not always that way. Sometimes the coils prime faster than others. The first time you might hv to repeat those steps in ensuring the coil isn't hitting dry if u cant get the burnt taste to go away, but trust me, ITS WORTH IT! I do have to do this each time I need to a coil change but the coils on my nautlis last 3 times longer than any of my other "quick primed" coils in tanks such as iclear 30 and protank 2 & 3. So in a nutshell, just make sure the coil is well primed and the the liquid is actually getting into the little holes at the bottom of the coil before u give up on the Aspire Nautilus altogether. Hope this helps anyone else having the same issues with their Nautilus .
Now, I'm off to give the kanger mega tank a try! After all, that was why I came to this thread in the first place [emoji57] lol.

P.s. Anyone know any places online that have the Mega on sale, & what is an average price one should expect to pay for that bad boy?

Last edited:

lucky_x16

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2012
Glasford, Il
I've heard several peeps say the same about the burnt taste after putting in a new coil on their Aspire Nautilus (if that is in fact what happened in your circumstance) and I think I know what is probably happening. I too had this issue after first putting in a new coil. After lots of research I found out its the construction of the way this tank utilizes a suction type system in the way it works. You basically have to drop a tiny amount of e liquid on the coil and around the holes before putting it in your tank (A thin coat all over it doesn't hurt ). Then screw it in but dont over tighten it. After you have it in the tank filled with juice, just shake the hell out of it until u see some air bubbles come up from the bottom. Be patient bc this can take a little while to get that perfect sweet spot flavor. I usually shake, test it on low voltage for air bubbles and flavor, then shake and let it sit a while, intermediately shake some more and before u know it, Viola! You will finally see what all the rave has been about with the Nautilus [emoji122][emoji16] ! After each draw, you should see air bubbles coming up each time, indicating its getting a nice flow of liquid into the coil, otherwise you will undoubtedly get that burnt taste every time. But once youve got it, youve got it… its not going to go dry on u again until your next coil change, & even then, its not always that way. Sometimes the coils prime faster than others. The first time you might hv to repeat those steps in ensuring the coil isn't hitting dry if u cant get the burnt taste to go away, but trust me, ITS WORTH IT! I do have to do this each time I need to a coil change but the coils on my nautlis last 3 times longer than any of my other "quick primed" coils in tanks such as iclear 30 and protank 2 & 3. So in a nutshell, just make sure the coil is well primed and the the liquid is actually getting into the little holes at the bottom of the coil before u give up on the Aspire Nautilus altogether. Hope this helps anyone else having the same issues with their Nautilus .
Now, I'm off to give the kanger mega tank a try! After all, that was why I came to this thread in the first place [emoji57] lol.

P.s. Anyone know any places online that have the Mega on sale, & what is an average price one should expect to pay for that bad boy?

Insert a qtip in to the chimney and you can fill it to the bottom of the threads, and it will be full.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread