Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Hello,

I'm very new to Vaping and just bought a Kanger dripbox 60w kit. I was wondering if I can use any other rebuildable atomizers in it.

Yes, you could. You could use another bottom feeder RDA or a non-bottom feeder RTA. However, if you choose a non-bottom feeder RBA if I were you I would empty the juice bottle inside your mod. You wouldn't want to inadvertantly squonk the bottle and get e-liquid in the 510 connector.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
The Dripbox has a fixed center pin in the 510. Some atomizers may not work. Further, as a Squonk, it's designed to work with BF atties. I would recommend checking out outhe BF RDAs for the Dripbox, and getting a different mod for RTAs and RDTAs.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Sumanth Budugu

Aug 3, 2018
Yes, you could. You could use another bottom feeder RDA or a non-bottom feeder RTA. However, if you choose a non-bottom feeder RBA if I were you I would empty the juice bottle inside your mod. You wouldn't want to inadvertantly squonk the bottle and get e-liquid in the 510 connector.
Thank you Baditude

Sumanth Budugu

Aug 3, 2018
The Dripbox has a fixed center pin in the 510. Some atomizers may not work. Further, as a Squonk, it's designed to work with BF atties. I would recommend checking out outhe BF RDAs for the Dripbox, and getting a different mod for RTAs and RDTAs.

Can I use it just dripping instead of squonking? I heard people complain that squonking might cause leaking inside the device.

Reactions: stols001

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Can I use it just dripping instead of squonking? I heard people complain that squonking might cause leaking inside the device.
Of course. After all, it's just a mod. As @Baditude suggested, remove (or strongly resist the urge to use) the Squonk bottle. In my experience, however, the Dripbox - while occasionally less than leak proof- does not leak into the mod... Just the bottle compartment. If you're using a BF RDA, you can Squonk or drip.

Sumanth Budugu

Aug 3, 2018
Of course. After all, it's just a mod. As @Baditude suggested, remove (or strongly resist the urge to use) the Squonk bottle. In my experience, however, the Dripbox - while occasionally less than leak proof- does not leak into the mod... Just the bottle compartment. If you're using a BF RDA, you can Squonk or drip.

Thanks you Shawn.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I'm very new to Vaping and just bought a Kanger dripbox 60w kit. I was wondering if I can use any other rebuildable atomizers in it. I think I prefer a RTA or an RDTA but anything will work. I just want to experiment and see what else I can use on this MOD.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Being a very new vapor, you purchased an advanced vape kit. The above advice is true as far as it goes. Just remember that whatever RDA/atty you place in that squonk mod, you might want to make sure it is set up to take around 60 watts.
re: "The DRIPMOD features a constant 60W output".
If you do not know what I'm talking about, suggest using the dripbox as it is intended or until such time as you do know what is meant by 60w output.
The information below may help you to obtain a good foundation of vaping knowledge.
Might like to read:
Learn About Vaping Here - Everything Ecigs - From Beginner To Advanced
Vaping and Inhaling: Everything You Need To Know
https://spinfuel.com/new-vapers-start/
ECigarette Academy: Essential Need to Know for New Vapers
Beginner – Guide To Vaping
Vape 101: Here's Everything You Need to Know about Vaping
6 Quick & Useful Vaping Tips for Beginners
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...up-the-vaping-ladder-with-egos-and-mods.5058/
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...nk-or-what-a-guide-to-juice-attachments.3230/

• Useful

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Welcome and glad you joined.
Being a very new vapor, you purchased an advanced vape kit. The above advice is true as far as it goes. Just remember that whatever RDA/atty you place in that squonk mod, you might want to make sure it is set up to take around 60 watts.
re: "The DRIPMOD features a constant 60W output".
If you do not know what I'm talking about, suggest using the dripbox as it is intended or until such time as you do know what is meant by 60w output.
The information below may help you to obtain a good foundation of vaping knowledge.
Might like to read:
Learn About Vaping Here - Everything Ecigs - From Beginner To Advanced
Vaping and Inhaling: Everything You Need To Know
https://spinfuel.com/new-vapers-start/
ECigarette Academy: Essential Need to Know for New Vapers
Beginner – Guide To Vaping
Vape 101: Here's Everything You Need to Know about Vaping
6 Quick & Useful Vaping Tips for Beginners
(10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum
(1) Proper Terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments. | E-Cigarette Forum
Where all the links listed are good links, the Dripbox does not supply a constant 60 watts. It is unregulated, and supplies what the battery... Max 60 watts. The included 0.2Ω coil will 60 watts (although on a fresh cell, it should get 88 watts), but a 0.4Ω coil will get 44 watts, not 60. 60 is a cap, not a constant. As the battery dies, the strength also diminishes.
0a7c93b9965082e6ff36c1d1fbddf4ba.jpg

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Where all the links listed are good links, the Dripbox does not supply a constant 60 watts. It is unregulated, and supplies what the battery... Max 60 watts. The included 0.2Ω coil will 60 watts (although on a fresh cell, it should get 88 watts), but a 0.4Ω coil will get 44 watts, not 60. 60 is a cap, not a constant. As the battery dies, the strength also diminishes.
re: https://www.urvapin.com/kanger-dripbox-60w-starter-kit-7ml-subdrip-rda.html
I should of read it closer. My point still stands though.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
There are a couple squonkable RDTAs out there too, if that is something you are interested in. The Wasp nano rdta, the gas mods nixon rdta, and I thought I seen an ijoy rdta that had a bottom feed pin as well.
The Cthulhu Gaia, and the Aspire Revvo Squonk also spring to mind (although the Revvo is not technically rebuildable)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread