Any suggestions on A Hybrid Atomizer, NEED HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to decide on a hybrid atomizer for a box mod I have. I am using a Jellyfish Lotus 53Watt Box mod. I hoping someone can offer a suggestiona as to what kind of Rebuildable Hybrid atomizer I can use. I have heard that the kayfun is the way to go. But I was wondering maye someone has a different suggestion and maybe a place whee to buy it.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I am trying to decide on a hybrid atomizer for a box mod I have. I am using a Jellyfish Lotus 53Watt Box Mod. I hoping someone can offer a suggestiona as to what kind of Rebuildable Hybrid atomizer I can use. I have heard that the Kayfun is the way to go. But I was wondering maye someone has a different suggestion and maybe a place whee to buy it.

I'm not familiar with the jellyfish lotus mod, but hybrid atomizers generally fit onto a tube mod.

If your mod has some sort of 20,21 or 22 millimetre topcap like a tube mod, then you should be able to find a hybrid atomizer for it.

keepsmiling

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Florida
Hello, I am pretty certain the term hybrid is given to certain attys that do not use a 510, they come in straight contact with the battery. There is no such thing as a hybrid kfun to my knowledge.And one would have to have a mod to match, one that can hybrid with an atty. For example, the Tilemahos V1 and Esterigon can be in hybrid mode. It gives it a sleek one piece look. You purchase a specific base for it.

ok I guess Im just looking for an Atomizer that I can rebuild and has a Tank so I dont have to drip liquid on it every 5 0r 10 hits or so. Im trying to avoid that scenario. I love vaping but I just cant imagine fitting that consistent dripping into my lifstyle. So I just want an atomizer with high quality to attach to my box mod and have the pleasure of rebuilding myself every so often.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
ok I guess Im just looking for an Atomizer that I can rebuild and has a Tank so I dont have to drip liquid on it every 5 0r 10 hits or so. Im trying to avoid that scenario. I love vaping but I just cant imagine fitting that consistent dripping into my lifstyle. So I just want an atomizer with high quality to attach to my box mod and have the pleasure of rebuilding myself every so often.

I highly recommend getting a simple dripper for experience and 'immediate' access reasons, regardless of whatever else you get; meanwhile when it comes to a tank,

kayfun is a big name in rebuildables, but there's lots of kayfuns and it can be confusing,
so happens I'm using one now; a 30mm kayfun lite but I had a lot of leaking when I first tried it.

But there is the new kayfun v4 which has the chimney top screwing into the top which ought to solve the big leak issue.

I like the flash e-vapour.

couple other ones to consider are the lemo, erlkonigin (they really ought to figure out a better name that people can spell), squape reloaded;

are you aware of the kanger subtank? It's a clearo with a rebuildable head option; the joyetech delta also does that

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Thanks for the info. Do most RTA's have a leakage problem?

A lot of tanks have leak issues, not just rebuildables;

but in the case of the kayfun types, theres the top seal above the chimney; if it's not sealed, all the liquid can leak out.

1989605-2.jpg

In this pic, the middle piece in the pic, is the fog chamber and chimney going up; the top of the chimney has to seak at the top where it connects to the topcap; if it does not seal, you don't have a vacuum in the tank, and air can get in from the top so all your liquid leaks out.

2040000-5.jpg

Now in this picture is the kayfun v4; notice the THREADING at the top of the chimney.
The kayfun v4 is the first time in all the kayfuns that I've seen that they designed it so there's no doubt that the top of the chimney is sealed.

1981101-2.jpg

Above is a lemo; the chimney is the item in the middle with the little black rubber seal near the top; you can see there's a few threads there at the top where it theads onto the topcap; so this one does seal at the top.

To refill this lemo, you have to take the tank off and fill from the bottom using a needlebottle.

2184502-4.jpg

This one above is an erlkogin(sp) type; the threading at the top of the chimney is obvious.
This is supposed to be top fill; something goes on with the drip tip too that I don't understand;

1941301-1.jpg

This one is a squape reloaded clone; again the threads at the top of the chimney are obvious.
I believe this one refills like a protank.

1937000-9.jpg

This one is a flash e-vapour; I have a couple of these; a v2 and a v3; refills like a protank, and easy to pop the top off anytime and fiddle with the coil if necessary. I figure they'll make a couple improvements on this tank

1830407-2.jpg

This one is a heron clone.
Refills like a protank; has certain resemblances to the flash e-vapour but basically a bit more complificated than the flash; it takes air from below so airflow is tighter than the flash; it does hybrid to m20x1 mods though, with a spring loaded centerpin too; but between the heron and the flash, I'd recommend the flash from somebody relatively new because of the simplicity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread