The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Kanger Dripbox 160 TC

Discussion in 'Liquid Feed APV Discussion' started by Roadtrip635, May 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Roadtrip635

Roadtrip635 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 29, 2015
    Texas
    I love my DB160, but like many other Kanger mods, the paint and finish is pretty bad. It's a stay at home mod and never been dropped, but the paint was peeling, flaking and cracking, especially around the edges and squonk hole. lol...... squonk hole sounds really bad

I decided to get a wrap for it, I found a white and black wrap since my DB160 is white. The white with black splatter pattern works well since the flaked off places that are exposed blends with the wrap

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  2. TheWestPole

TheWestPole Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 28, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Love it! And I almost never like wraps. Got a link?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Roadtrip635

Roadtrip635 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 29, 2015
    Texas
    Thanks, I love it too. I got it during their Labor Day promo, 40% off, it was a good deal. Here's a link

White Black Splatter

• Like Like x 1
  4. business2091

business2091 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 17, 2013
    KU
    This sucks. Get some butt protection while you can! Mine is not worth the save anymore. This is after only one month of daily use!

Plus the weight. Seriously considering Dripbox 2. Or is there any squonker goody with Yihi board lately?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. No Combustion

No Combustion New Member

Oct 1, 2016
    I'm wondering if Fused Clapton Pre-Coiled Wires 32 AWG would fit in the original velocity deck? That would be great because they are really cheap.

6. No Combustion

No Combustion New Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Made me look at the bottom of mine and I can see it's starting to do the same thing. Fortunately mine is not as bad, so there's still time to find a solution to that issue. Until then guess I'll put it on a table napkin.

7. Talethor

Talethor Full Member

Jun 21, 2016
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    I never really minded to much the whole paint chipping thing. It adds patina!!

• Like Like x 3
  8. steeledragon78

steeledragon78 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 28, 2013
    Owasso, OK, USA
    just wanted to report in on longevity for mine, after 8 months the plastic clip that holds the battery door shut failed and broke completely. never been dropped, never hit on hard surface. but i dont charge my batteries in the mod, so its probably from opening and closing every couple of days to change the batteries.

• Like Like x 1
  9. dethnode

dethnode Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 5, 2011
    arkansas
    anyone here ever disassembled a dripbox 160? I was thinking of hydro dipping mine, but dont want to screw it up during the break down

10. Mr47

Mr47 Full Member

Nov 5, 2016
    West Yorkshire, UK
    I keep getting a tiny amount of juice under the magnetic juice door and a little seepage under the battery door.
    Looks like juice has seeped in from the top of the mod. Need to open and clean.
    Does anybody know what size screwdriver is needed to open the screws?

11. TheWestPole

TheWestPole Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 28, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Torx T5.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Mr47

Mr47 Full Member

Nov 5, 2016
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Thanks.

13. Skold

Skold Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2016
    I just found this thread an I don't know why people are having paint peeling issues, mine has held up fine.
    It's been gathering dust though so thought I would give it a vape today :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dephault

Dephault New Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Guys please help!

While at another house I used non pure cotton by mistake. Now even though I've replaced the cotton and emptied out and cleaned all the parts, the vape still tastes terribly like the cotton I put in. And is imagine very bad if you inhale a lot of the stuff. How can I fix this? Do I have to buy another dripbox? Thanks.

15. Btsmokincat

Btsmokincat Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 10, 2013
    Waterville ME
    You can try taking apart the RDA and soaking it in alcohol then give it a good hot bath in soapy water to get the alcohol off. Or better yet if you're using the stock RDA ditch it and buy a better one (almost anything would be an improvement). I'm currently using a bombertech pindad on mine.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  16. Dephault

Dephault New Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Thanks for quick reply. Will try to run some vodka through it for a while see if that helps. Yea I've been meaning to get another one. It's terrible.

17. Dephault

Dephault New Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Hey it worked thanks a ton!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Don29palms

Don29palms Moved On ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    I have a Lost Vape Drone w/ a modified Elite V2 on it. It is my everyday carry setup. I wanted to get my son a squonk setup to see if he likes it so I picked up a Dripbox 160 and a Goon. I also got a Dripbox to play with. If he likes it I'll get him a setup like mine. I hope this thing is not a piece of junk.

19. Hightech Redneck

Hightech Redneck Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 27, 2015
    N C
    I have the stainless, it's not a bad starter. Not nearly as efficient/accurate as the drone but decent. Much smaller capacity.

20. Don29palms

Don29palms Moved On ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    I figured I'd get something inexpensive for him to see if he likes it.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.