Kanger Evod Battery Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkrachtKat

Nov 5, 2013
georgetown
My apologies in advance if this question has been asked/answered already....I have a 1000mah ego battery. When the button is pressed with nothing attached to the battery, it lights up as it's supposed to. When I charge the battery, the charger's green light illuminates indicating that it is currently charged. The problem I have is that when the clearomizer is attached, the battery stops working and the light will not illuminate when the button is pushed. I can unscrew the clearomizer a bit and the light on the battery will illuminate but no vaping will follow. So, I guess its some sort of connection issue. I have gently "pulled up" the pins on the battery but that does not seem to work. I have also tried other chargers. This has actually happened on 2 batteries that I own. Any suggestions or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Are all the contacts clean? On the battery and charger?

The charger light being green doesn't necessarily mean the battery is charged. It means the charger thinks the battery is charged OR that the charger doesn't see a battery. (Plug the charger, without battery, into your 5 VDC source - the green light will come on.)

So, with luck, your battery is discharged and just not making a good connection to the charger. You think it's charged but it isn't. Or the charger could be bad.

Use a cotton swab and rubbing alcohol to clean the connections, give it time to evaporate off, and try again. And if you can, try another charger as well before giving up on the battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread