Kanger Evod Coils???

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilt34cher

Aug 31, 2013
Mexico
People I need help, my coils are burnt so I need to replace them but I don't have a clue what to buy???
I see on the pages that the coils have ohms on them and I want to pick the right one for my needs.
I have an original Evod, but I also use a batter that can be changed to 6volts and I vape with that battery at 5 volts, I plan on using this battery with my original Kanger Evod so my question is, what coil should I buy to get the best taste and more vapor production and does the ohms even matter on this??
Thanks and sorry if this is too obvious I tried to search for it but I felt lost :(

Camden

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2013
Wyoming
Vaping with what you get in the evod at 5 volts will burn them pretty quickly; most evods come with 1.8 ohm coils and 5 can torch them if you take long, heavy vapes.

Ohms certainly matter, balancing the proper resistance with the proper volts is key in what will hopefully deliver you to vaping nirvana. Here's a chart that may help made by someone here (my apologies for forgetting your name!); it'll show you roughly which sort of coils you should get depending on how high you want to run your battery, or vice versa.

If you want to check which ones you currently have, the ohms will be written just under the threading in faint writing. As for what you choose, it's largely preference. I like running 2.2s with 4.2 volts
Ig0a3Xk.png

Attachments

• e-cigarette-volts-ohms-watts.jpg
    e-cigarette-volts-ohms-watts.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 647
Last edited:

propagandax

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2012
St. Louis, MO
People I need help, my coils are burnt so I need to replace them but I don't have a clue what to buy???
I see on the pages that the coils have ohms on them and I want to pick the right one for my needs.
I have an original Evod, but I also use a batter that can be changed to 6volts and I vape with that battery at 5 volts, I plan on using this battery with my original Kanger Evod so my question is, what coil should I buy to get the best taste and more vapor production and does the ohms even matter on this??
Thanks and sorry if this is too obvious I tried to search for it but I felt lost :(

I use the 1.8 ohm with my EGO-C running at 3.4 volts and its perfect. For the EVod battery, which I believe is 3.7 v regulated? I would go with 2.2 head. My opinion.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Most Kanger coils run about 0.2 higher than what is stated. And "2.4" sometimes listed as "2.4-2.6" runs at 2.8 ohms - at least the ones that I have metered. But, even at 5 Volts with a 2.8ohm coil puts you near 9 watts (see chart - thanks camden :) which is still quite hot for some flavors other than strong tobaccos ane espresso. Suggest using the Evod batt with the Evod clearos and what propagandax says - running the 1.8 ohms with the regulated 3.4V (I have eGo-c's that run at that) is good for stronger flavors but might burn lighter flavors.... and for those, the 2.2 ohm coils is perfect. I haven't found any flavors that do well with a regulated batt with the 2.4/2.6/2.8 ohm coils - too light.....

brian.tpa

Sep 13, 2013
Tampa area, FLA
I use the 1.8 ohm with my EGO-C running at 3.4 volts and its perfect. For the EVod battery, which I believe is 3.7 v regulated? I would go with 2.2 head. My opinion.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I use the same 3.4v setting for my evod tank but it has a protank 1.8ohm head. I burnt up the original head on a standard 3.7v 650mah ego batt. I think the evod requires a VV batt and a lower voltage.

+ I'd like to add;
For figuring what voltage or wattage to use, these formulas (which are variations of ohms law) might help...

W = watts (power)
V = voltage
R = resistance

W=[V(V)]/R
V=[W(R)][W(R)]
R=[V(V)]/W

...and that can help you find your sweet spot, maybe.

Last edited:

LeftHandBlack

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2013
Brighton Co
For 5 volts or higher go with the 2.5ohm head. The 1.8s work perfect for the Evod battery and EGO battery voltage of 3.4-3.7 volts. The life of the heads are limited to how often you clean them. There are two removable wicks that need to be blot cleaned with a paper towel and the rest of the coil can be washed in water.

Krizzell

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Las Vegas
I use the same 3.4v setting for my evod tank but it has a protank 1.8ohm head. I burnt up the original head on a standard 3.7v 650mah ego batt. I think the evod requires a VV batt and a lower voltage.

+ I'd like to add;
For figuring what voltage or wattage to use, these formulas (which are variations of ohms law) might help...

W = watts (power)
V = voltage
R = resistance

W=[V(V)]/R
V=[W(R)][W(R)]
R=[V(V)]/W

...and that can help you find your sweet spot, maybe.

I don't see how you burn the coils with a ego it does not have that much power to do that. I have all the Kanger tanks try the 2.4 heads instead of the 1.8 and see if that helps .Are you getting a burnt taste ,do you clean the coils and dry burn them? https://store-549f5.mybigcommerce.com/product_images/uploaded_images/voltagechart-lg.jpg The evod is made for devices like ego devices no need for a VV-VW only time I burn juice is on one.

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
Most Kanger coils run about 0.2 higher than what is stated...I haven't found any flavors that do well with a regulated batt with the 2.4/2.5/2.8 ohm coils - too light.....

I checked the resistances of Kanger Mini Protank 2/eVod 1.8, 2.2 and 2.5 coils a couple of nights ago with a digital multimeter. Like Kent, I found that each of them were actually 0.2 to 0.3 ohm higher than the stated resistance. Actually, I used two different multimeters on each of the coils and did subtract the internal resistance of the multimeters from the reading.

One of my lighter liquids (A Quiet Morning from Alice in Vapeland) actually tastes pretty good in a Mini PT2 with a 2.5 ohm coil, vaped at 3.6v on a Kanger 650 mah VV battery, but was a little weak on the regular battery. I found that a little strange, as the regular Kanger 650 mah battery is supposed to be regulated at 3.7v. Guess I should check the battery outputs. (Nah. Too lazy.)

Still, I don't think I'll be buying any more 2.5 ohm heads for my eVods.

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Marion, OH
so im learning alot here being new to the Egos but from what I get either on my EVOD 3.7 volt or other 3.4 volt both should be fine with a 1.8 ohm, cause I was using 510s and was actually ordering the Kanger g5s in a 1.8ohm for them but want to use still with my Ego batteries, the Kanger T4s work on it pretty good there a 2.4-2.6ohm Kanger T4 510 Clearomizer (510/eGo) [KNGRT4CLR510] - $3.99 : Kanger G5 510 Clearomizer [KANG5CLAERO510] - $3.99 :
I grabbed a couple of the value 510 clearos there a lower 2.2-25 and I can tell there a warmer vape? 510 Clearomizer (1mL Capacity) [510CLEARO1ML] - $1.99 :

I was looking at maybe getting some No Wick CE4s CE4 No Wick eGo Clearomizer [CE4EGONOWCKCL] - $5.99 :
im using a clone "invisible wick" by White Rhino now, with the other smaller clearos but I think I rather get a bottom coil changeable clearo so looked at EVOD also and the Mini T3S..

I should be able to find what ohm head i like with the different ones I have now, wish I knew what ohm the clone of the No Wick CE4 was I like the 1.6ml size tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread