Kanger EVOD with MT3 clearomiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

derbj390

Feb 9, 2016
Hi vapers,

I bought a kit off FastTech - Gadgets and Electronics and its all good.

Originally i had bought 3 batters

1300 mah
1100 mah and
1100 mah

The stardard coil that came with the kit was Silica and 2.2Ohms

It worked ok but i found there too be much less vapor production so ended up buying

1.5 ohms SOCC coil for MT3... it works well but it seems after a few days or maybe aftyer a big night out... my coil over heats and produces burnt taste.. i have had to change 2 coils in the last 3 days and have, on occasion found some leaking on the inside of it - the bit where the battery coonects with the atomiser - which i clean off.

What am i doing wrong? surely my coils dont need to be dying on me this quick?
The batteries i have are NOT variable voltage and i think they are the standard EVOD fixed voltage (3.7) battery.

Am i doing something wrong?
Should i try rebuilding? could anyone please share some of thier thoughts with me so i can get more life of the hardware i have perhaps...

Should i be using VOCC? or TOCC coils?

I order from FastTech - Gadgets and Electronics and it takes about 3 weeks to arrive.

Im in New Zealand.

Kiaora.

Listing that i bought from (fasttech.com) : /products/0/10007047/1573901-evod-1100mah-rechargeable-starter-kit

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
First, no, you don't need to even think about getting into rebuilding.

I've used regular eGo 1100mAh batteries with a variety of clearomizers & tanks in the past, and I still do sometimes, even though I have/use mods now, too. With the eGo batteries...if the clearo or tank uses replaceable coils, I always use either a 1.8, 2.1, 2.2, or even 2.4ohm coil...never lower. IMO, lower ohm coils used with eGo batteries (or Evod 3.7 ones) causes them to get too hot too quickly...causing some leaking from the clearomizer where yours does.

If the burnt taste doesn't happen right away, it's most likely from the overheating of the coil because it's 1.5 omhs. If the burnt taste is present from the start, you probably haven't primed the coil with your eliquid first before firing it.

I'd recommend getting more of the 2.2 ohm coils and using only them. Most manufacturers will put in a kit the recommended coils for that kit, from the get-go.

I hope that helps you.

tckenno

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2015
N. Michigan
Hi vapers,

I bought a kit off FastTech - Gadgets and Electronics and its all good.

Originally i had bought 3 batters

1300 mah
1100 mah and
1100 mah

The stardard coil that came with the kit was Silica and 2.2Ohms

It worked ok but i found there too be much less vapor production so ended up buying

1.5 ohms SOCC coil for MT3... it works well but it seems after a few days or maybe aftyer a big night out... my coil over heats and produces burnt taste.. i have had to change 2 coils in the last 3 days and have, on occasion found some leaking on the inside of it - the bit where the battery coonects with the atomiser - which i clean off.

What am i doing wrong? surely my coils dont need to be dying on me this quick?
The batteries i have are NOT variable voltage and i think they are the standard EVOD fixed voltage (3.7) battery.

Am i doing something wrong?
Should i try rebuilding? could anyone please share some of thier thoughts with me so i can get more life of the hardware i have perhaps...

Should i be using VOCC? or TOCC coils?

I order from FastTech - Gadgets and Electronics and it takes about 3 weeks to arrive.

Im in New Zealand.

Kiaora.

Listing that i bought from (fasttech.com) : /products/0/10007047/1573901-evod-1100mah-rechargeable-starter-kit

I have not used the particular model you own, but I am familiar with the EVOD Glass tank and have found it to produce a very consistent and reliable vape. Being glass makes it immune to juices not friendly to its plastic cousins and it has a removable metal tip. In mine I use 1.5 ohm coils. Have tried both the dual coil and vertical coil but don't notice much difference. They last me a couple weeks before getting off-tasting. I have cleaned and rewicked the duals to extend their life for another cycle, but they aren't really made with that in mind. Just soaking in alcohol (vodka) overnight will cure some. Overall, I have found the EVODs to be pretty much trouble-free.

Maiar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
You don't need to get into rebuilding.But if you get a pack of cotton bacon or something similar for cheap, you can make the coils you have last ages. Just pull the chimney off, the gently slide the the cotton (or silica if you want to do those too) out, once its clear screw it into a base and fire it for 3 seconds at a time until it stops sizzling. Wait for it to cool, and put your cotton in. It sounds harder than it is I swear.

Reactions: tckenno

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I always use either a 1.8, 2.1, 2.2, or even 2.4ohm coil...never lower.

Genuine Kangertech Evods are my every day vape if I'm leaving the house and this is correct.

Since the Evod battery is fixed 3.7v, I use 1.8ohm and 2.2ohm. Using anything other than a simple single coil clearo will not work well with these batts.

you might try priming the atty a bit before using by placing some eliquid directly on the silica/coils, or drawing some air thru it a few times before pressing the button

My coils/wicks last me a week to 10 days.....I don't vape sugary, dark colored eliquids which will kill coils faster.

The stardard coil that came with the kit of 2.2Ohms is actually perfect and works best. The 1.8's sometimes burn out faster.

Reactions: tckenno
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread