kanger Evod

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave240

Nov 25, 2012
edmonton
I recently got the Kanger evod atomizers.........and have noted that they seem to always want to leak (thru the mouth piece)....every time i disconnect the battery to refil the liquid....I had the Kanger mt3......which work great, but these evods seem to leak juice thru the mouth piece.....all the time, what can i do to prevent this.....thx

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
An EVOD shouldn't leak like that - and they're basically exactly the same as an MT3!
The only time I've seen leaks are
a) If you got juice in the tube - but that would be all gurgly, etc...
b) If the coil is not screwed in tight- same thing though, you'd have signs of juice in the tube before it was time to turn over and fill. Still, you should check that the coil is snug whenever you're filling. Sometimes, they seem to loosen during use
c) If it's actually broken - the mouthpeice can get a crack, often caused by over-tightening the base. The way the coil's tube pushes "up" on the rest of the tube, that's attached to the plastic tip, you can crack it. That's the only real way to kill an EVOD for good.

This is a "real" Kanger EVOD, and the right coil/heads?

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
This is perfectly normal. When you take puffs from your EVOD, some vapor stays in the tube. As that vapor cools, it turns back into liquid and stays in the tube due to the vacuum effect. When you unscrew the base, you break the seal and that little bit of liquid is free to flow. Just stick a little dab of paper towel in the tube before you unscrew it to catch it. I always clean out the tube when I refill anyway, so it's not a big deal for me personally. It's just vapor backwash.

Recycled Roadkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2013
Garland, TX
One time on both my wifes and my evod sets I've found a missing seal. One seal was laying on our kitchen counter and (another time) the same seal on a different unit was found with the old coils that had been replaced.

There's supposed to be two seals on the part that connects the battery to the tank. Replacement heads also connect to this piece. Check to be sure all the seals are in place.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
And that is why you need to have paper a paper towel, tissue, pipe cleaner or q-tip handy any time you are refilling an eVod tank/clearomizer. I love my eVods. in fact I have 6 of them in my rotation right now.

To fill them, I remove them from the battery. Holding them upside down over a folded paper towel, remove the bottom. Lay the coil assembly on the PT. Run a pipe cleaner through the tube/drip tip. There will always be a bit of liquid in there. Check coil assembly to be sure the coil is tight. I don't know if this is necessary but I also take a tissue an wipe the juice off the coil assembly before I Fill and re-assemble. The only time I have ever had an actually eVod leak is when there was a crack around the base of the permanent drip tip. HTH

PeteC2

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2013
Bristol, CT
All clearomizers may exhibit a bit of seepage/condensation...but if you are using an actual evod (there are clones and fakes out there!) you should not be having any problems outside of that.

The previous responses were all good! With any bottom coil clearomizer its normal to get some leakage when you remove the base to top off or refill. As mentioned, always use a paper towel under your clearomizer when removing the base.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
And that is why you need to have paper a paper towel, tissue, pipe cleaner or q-tip handy any time you are refilling an eVod tank/clearomizer. I love my eVods. in fact I have 6 of them in my rotation right now.

To fill them, I remove them from the battery. Holding them upside down over a folded paper towel, remove the bottom. Lay the coil assembly on the PT. Run a pipe cleaner through the tube/drip tip. There will always be a bit of liquid in there. Check coil assembly to be sure the coil is tight. I don't know if this is necessary but I also take a tissue an wipe the juice off the coil assembly before I Fill and re-assemble. The only time I have ever had an actually eVod leak is when there was a crack around the base of the permanent drip tip. HTH

I sometimes wipe off just the tube above the seal that sits atop the wicks. Between that seal and the base can stay juicy, as it will be in liquid when you reassemble anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread