Status
Not open for further replies.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Got a Kanger iPow 1600mah. Kanger IPOW 2 1600 Mah I ordered Blue and they sent Black, and to me, it's an ugly thing in black! Could have returned it but seeing it's only £19.99 (Around £24 plus elsewhere) it wasn't worth driving to a post office for!
I re-ordered a blue one today. May arrive tomorrow as they despatched it right away.

The black one is a sort of satin finish with gunmetal coloured metal trim. I think it's quite ugly. The others are metallic colours (ss, red, blue, bronze)
Comes with an adapter and micro usb lead. (usb slot on the side of the battery). Window displays the ohms, watts and battery level. Range is 3-15W.
It's also available in 1000 and 1300 mah.

I tried it with some Virus/CB and it's very good. A nautilus mini sits on it perfectly as it's the same size. It has a 1.8ohm coil in it but the display says 2.0ohm!
Just turn the base dial for increased power :)

So, seeing I'll have two of these, I'll put this black one aside as a spare when the blue arrives. Be good to use when things like the iSticks and MVP2's are charging!

Also got the eleaf istick Black today. This one is smart in black! It'll be put away as my 'spare'.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Do you like the iStick?
I have one waiting in the mailbox at home. Do you use the Nautilus Mini on it?
Yes, and Yes! :laugh: I now have 4 iSticks!
I find the power is stronger than the same power on an MVP2, so if for instance I use something at 7W on the MVP2, I use it at around 6W on the iStick and get the same flavour.
I also use the Kanger MOW tanks on it.
This is an image I posted a while ago just after getting the first two:

Eleaf iStick + Minion.jpg

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I am trying to hold out on the eleaf, but every time I see it I want it even more!
Ha-ha! I must say, they're very neat to handle, nicely solid, work efficiently, and are easy to put down too ..unlike a Spinner or Evod.
Fit in a pocket easily too.

I'll keep 3 in use and put one away as a spare :)

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California

I find the power is stronger than the same power on an MVP2, so if for instance I use something at 7W on the MVP2, I use it at around 6W on the iStick and get the same flavour.

View attachment 385640

The reason they seem hotter at the same settings as other mods is they use the mean mode to regulate wattage, which isn't as accurate. Not really a big deal, just use less power :p

You will notice, if you have a coil in it that is capable of reaching the 20 watts (the device can only reach 20 watts at certain ohms, I believe it's around 1-1.1 ohm), that at 20 watts the differences between it and other devices heat output would be much less

PersimmonNJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2009
New York, NY, USA

View attachment 385640

I came across the iStick after googling the eleaf Lemo so erm had to order both...hangs head. Also ordered an EhPro Pontus um cuz that looked interesting too. But yea the iStick looks like a nice handful.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I came across the iStick after googling the eleaf Lemo so erm had to order both...hangs head.
'Course you did :rolleyes: :laugh:
Also ordered an EhPro Pontus um cuz that looked interesting too. But yea the iStick looks like a nice handful.
It is - if it lasts well, I'll be doubly impressed.

Since the price is so reasonable, I may have to order one, maybe even fool around with an rda on one, staying over the 1ohm limit of course ;)
Looking at the price of the more sophisticated (I suppose) ones, this does seem to be very good value.

Something I have noticed: This thing seems to know when the coil is on it's way out ...three times since I bought the first two, I've had it not fire and show the message 'no atomiser' - If the tank is moved to another battery, it'll last for a little while longer, and then conk out!

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
I get one Saturday from a co-op I missed but glowplug is fronting me one she bought and the second round came up so I ordered six (one for glowplug to pay her back) and the rest for me.

I use my MVP2's all the time....yeah.....:oops:
I'm really happy with my MVP's and iSticks! The cylindrical batteries such as Spinners, Evods and now the iPow2 are good for using while the others are charging, or in the case of Evods just for trying new things in smaller tanks.

You'll soon have a battery for every batch of GCD! :thumb: :D

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
I came across the iStick after googling the eleaf Lemo so erm had to order both...hangs head. Also ordered an EhPro Pontus um cuz that looked interesting too. But yea the iStick looks like a nice handful.

I did the same thing. I have some fairly expensive mods, and I must say the iStick and Lemo are impressing me quite a bit. You made a good choice!

AciDeX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I too just got an istick couple weeks ago to replace my mvp2. Pretty sweet little battery so far! I was running single coil builds on my plume veil with the mvp @ 1.1 ohm 11w and that was the best rda build I could get. Running my first parallel single coil over a week @ 1.1 ohm 20w and it's a totally different vape!

ffde2d951392002831ad497a635d8083.jpg

scratchtheweasel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2014
Pocono PA
Ecig.com launched today with their 52% off to $100,000 deal. I picked up a third iStick for $18 and Nautilus BVC coils for under $5.00 a pack. I use my Reo more but it was a heck of a deal if anyone is interested. Choices are slim and their website is slow though.

That's a helluva deal. I wish I had seen this post earlier - looks like they are sold out of a lot of things now. I did pick up a few things cause how do you say no to 52% off?? Thanks for sharing Lezlee!

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
Got a Kanger iPow 1600mah. Kanger IPOW 2 1600 Mah I ordered Blue and they sent Black, and to me, it's an ugly thing in black! Could have returned it but seeing it's only £19.99 (Around £24 plus elsewhere) it wasn't worth driving to a post office for!
I re-ordered a blue one today. May arrive tomorrow as they despatched it right away.

The black one is a sort of satin finish with gunmetal coloured metal trim. I think it's quite ugly. The others are metallic colours (ss, red, blue, bronze)
Comes with an adapter and micro usb lead. (usb slot on the side of the battery). Window displays the ohms, watts and battery level. Range is 3-15W.
It's also available in 1000 and 1300 mah.

I tried it with some Virus/CB and it's very good. A Nautilus mini sits on it perfectly as it's the same size. It has a 1.8ohm coil in it but the display says 2.0ohm!
Just turn the base dial for increased power :)

So, seeing I'll have two of these, I'll put this black one aside as a spare when the blue arrives. Be good to use when things like the iSticks and MVP2's are charging!

Also got the Eleaf iStick Black today. This one is smart in black! It'll be put away as my 'spare'.

Katy got a pink iStick this weekend in Pittsburgh... she's in love with it (Nauti Mini BVC on top)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread