Kanger Protank 3 with wrong Atomizer Heads!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got my order from myvaporstore.com for three Kanger Protank 3 tanks Kanger Protank 3 Pro Tank Glassomizer Dual Coil . One each in red, blue and clear. Have a problem with the clear tank. Look.

Kanger Protank 3 Problem.jpg

It came with the incorrect atomizer heads. They'll fit the tank base, but wont fit in the tank after assembled in the base. Just sent them an email that I want it exchanged for a new tank with the correct heads.

Anybody else ever have this problem? Not to happy with Kanger right now to have to go through this mess. But, oh well. And, how are myvaporstore.com with exchanges?

Last edited:

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
I can see how that would be annoying!

The clear one looks like the coils might fit the kanger mini protank 3, but just a guess. Or the mini protank II

Can't answer your question about exchanges as I've never done any, from any place. Good luck, hopefully you have something to use in the mean time?

Last edited:

ImperfectFuture

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2014
Seattle
Just got my order from myvaporstore.com for three Kanger Protank 3 tanks Kanger Protank 3 Pro Tank Glassomizer Dual Coil . One each in red, blue and clear. Have a problem with the clear tank. Look.

View attachment 328478

It came with the incorrect atomizer heads. They'll fit the tank base, but wont fit in the tank after assembled in the base. Just sent them an email that I want it exchanged for a new tank with the correct heads.

Anybody else ever have this problem? Not to happy with Kanger right now to have to go through this mess. But, oh well. And, how are myvaporstore.com with exchanges?

You will find more help in the clearomizer subforum, but the clear tank came with version two heads (the best for self rebuilding coils). Those coils fit evods, protank 2, and mini protank 2. I don't have the third generation heads. If they won't exchange, order back ups, and use them in any of the other clearomizers they will fit, if you have them on hand (hence the clearomizer forum).

Clearomizers

GreenEyesDon'tLie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2012
MD, USA
Have you tried putting one of the heads from the clear tank into the red tank? The only reason they shouldn't fit is putting PT3 heads into a PT2, the clear tank may have a PT2 base by mistake.

The chimneys are the version 2 PT3 heads, they got changed after the PT3s came out but either should work in any PT3 base.

Did you actually screw it together and see if it leaked? I have an original 3 and got the new areo base with the newer style coil and it worked ok. It didn't seem like it was gonna go together but it did.

I did screw them together but never put juice in them because the juice is not here yet. I bought these tanks for a type of juice that need glass and not plastic. Plastic is all I had until I ordered these.

I tried to build the clear tank in the pic, but ran into problems. The head would fit in the base, but the assembled base would not fit in the tank. That longer piece on the head stopped it from fitting. No way it would ever fit.

EDIT: Update

OK, I have made a mistake. It appears the atomizer heads in the clear tank do fit! I must have not aligned them well enough. So, it does fit the tank and base that came with the clear tank.

Also, the clear tank heads also fit the red tank base and fit in the red tank! So, what are the correct or incorrect head? I'm now thinking the smaller heads are wrong because they might not form a good enough seal. I don't know because I have not filled either one of them up with juice. I'm kind of scared to try, but will when my juice shows up.

When my juice arrives, I'll try it. Then, I'll report back here on my findings.

Thanks for all the help! I greatly appreciate it!!! :)

Last edited:

deach

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2011
IL
I did screw them together but never put juice in them because the juice is not here yet. I bought these tanks for a type of juice that need glass and not plastic. Plastic is all I had until I ordered these.

I tried to build the clear tank in the pic, but ran into problems. The head would fit in the base, but the assembled base would not fit in the tank. That longer piece on the head stopped it from fitting. No way it would ever fit.

EDIT: Update

OK, I have made a mistake. It appears the atomizer heads in the clear tank do fit! I must have not aligned them well enough. So, it does fit the tank and base that came with the clear tank.

Also, the clear tank heads also fit the red tank base and fit in the red tank! So, what are the correct or incorrect head? I'm now thinking the smaller heads are wrong because they might not form a good enough seal. I don't know because I have not filled either one of them up with juice. I'm kind of scared to try, but will when my juice shows up.

When my juice arrives, I'll try it. Then, I'll report back here on my findings.

Thanks for all the help! I greatly appreciate it!!! :)

OK, let us know. The longer ones are the "improved" newer style "3" coils .. i can't honestly tell if they're that much better but they seem they might be after just a little usage. I got a nautilus at about the same time and it's honestly what I'm using for the most part now. Good luck and let us know what you find.

Mrs C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Indiana
Neither one is "wrong". The longer chimney is just a change Kanger made.

What most likely happened is the place you ordered from sells the clear tanks faster than the colors, so they have ordered more clear since the change.

If having the 2 types bugs you, just use up the short ones first. When you order replacements you will get the longer ones :) .

:shock::2c::2c::2c::shock::2c::2c::2c::shock:
ETA Just noticed in your pic of the red tank you took off the silicon cup gasket from the chimney of the head... That's a seal. If you don't have it on there you will have problems with flooding and leaking.

Last edited:
Neither one is "wrong". The longer chimney is just a change Kanger made.

What most likely happened is the place you ordered from sells the clear tanks faster than the colors, so they have ordered more clear since the change.

If having the 2 types bugs you, just use up the short ones first. When you order replacements you will get the longer ones :) .

:shock::2c::2c::2c::shock::2c::2c::2c::shock:
ETA Just noticed in your pic of the red tank you took off the silicon cup gasket from the chimney of the head... That's a seal. If you don't have it on there you will have problems with flooding and leaking.
Wow! Thanks for pointing that out! I better put it back on! Thankfully, I never used it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread