Kanger Protank Blocked Airflow Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

GREEN ZOMBIE

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Calgary AB
This fix is for (KangerTech Heads) on and for (KangerTech Protanks) Only.
Also This Fix Is To Cover The "No" Airflo issue

Not The Airy Draw Issue

(This thread is for a specific Brand (KangerTech) and (The Kanger Protank Line made by KangerTech)

I use only authentic KangerTech parts on my KangerTech products.
If you are using 3rd party parts, knockoffs, clones or a different item all together then
Please ignore this thread and start a new thread for your specific item and issue.

Sorry about the opening to this post but I needed to clear this up since on my last thread for this fix people got confused somehow)

Thank You and Please Continue!!!

Ok, so I have looked just about everywhere and see that no one has posted or addressed the real issue with the no airflow on the Kanger heads, I see lots of fixes that involve buying more parts or threading it down only so far onto your device... not really a fix, and could also damage threads on some devices when not screwed all the way down.

So... The airflow issue lays withing the base and head, The head is designed so it has some give when screwed down on a device with a long center pin, But if the rubber insulator gets to compressed it bulges out, This insulator holds the leads/coil ends.

If you unscrew the base from the device and look into the bottom you will see the white insulator filling the inner air tube, Air comes in from the tiny holes along the side near the top of the threads, down the inside of the 510 connection tube and up the small hole in the center contact post...

I made a quick diagram below... The yellow lines show the path of airflow

(click image to enlarge)

Easy fix: I take a small vice or pliers and "VERY" lightly compress it, then just shave the bulge flush with an X-acto knife, NOTE: Don't over compress the insulator when doing this, again it is an insulator for the coil wire ends and if you remove to much it could cause a short... only shave enough to allow airflow, Not all heads will need this done, so try them before modifying them.

(This also works in reverse to adjust an airy draw.)
(I have some very thin O-rings that I place around the pin to restrict the air flow on my original Protank)

(I know I said this wasn't for the Airy draw issues and it's not, this is a side note)

Sorry if this is messy or confusing as I've only been vaping about 3 weeks!

Good Luck and Keep on Vaping!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread