Not open for further replies.

HDVaper

Ultra Super Senior Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Broken Arrow, OK
www.oktom.com
Could any of you folks tell me what size (diameter) and material the "flavor wicks" are? Just about EVERY TIME I try to clean and dry burn the coil those pesky little wicks unravel no matter how careful I try to be. Then the leaking and gurgling begins and they go straight to the trash!! If I could get some wick material that would work I believe I could salvage them and reuse them until the coil itself dies. I haven't got the nerve to try to do coils yet. I'd really appreciate any info I could get here.

Last edited:

fccwpe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Rosamond, CA
This is probably a stupid question but here goes: Do you roll up a piece so it looks similar in size & just lay it in there over the top of the wick with the coil?

Thanks

Not at all a stupid question.

Basically, I pull a small amount from the cotton ball, then roll it. I place it in the slot on the coil and cut it to size so it doesn't hang over the sides and get caught in the threads. I got it caught in the threads once and it leaked. Lessons learned.

Every time I clean a coil I replace the cotton. Super simple.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Eureka! Do you cut a small piece and roll it, or unravel threads and twist them together? Or does it matter?

tlpruitt, thanks for asking the question! I've been having the same problem.

I've done it both ways with no discernible difference. My preferred way is to just cut it to my desired length (I use a little longer for high-VG use), dip a finger in some liquid and roll it to the right diameter. It's just flavor wicking so performance really isn't an issue.

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
I've done it both ways with no discernible difference. My preferred way is to just cut it to my desired length (I use a little longer for high-VG use), dip a finger in some liquid and roll it to the right diameter. It's just flavor wicking so performance really isn't an issue.

Thank you! Great to know there's something I need for vaping that I don't' have to go out and buy, lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread