Kanger protank II

Status
Not open for further replies.

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
I use my ProTank 2's and Davides regularly with an air flow controller on MVP's, Cool Fire IV's, iStick 30 watt, Subox mini, ProVari mini's, VaporShark rDNA30 and the Radius. Rebuild my coils with 30 Kanthal (1.5 to 1.8 ohms) and cellu cotton wicking. No leaking at any time with either the mini or regular size ProTanks. :)

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
With the standard coils and airflow you need a mod that will go down to 5 watts, about 3.4-3.5 V with 2.2 ohms and 3.2-3.3 with the 1.8's. For the fullsize PT2 you need a 510 connection and for the Mini you need an eGo connector, e.g. a VV stick such as a Spinner. Excellent MTL tank for appropriate ejuices.

The mini ProTank 2 without their base will screw onto the air flow controllers for regular sized PT2's as well as the PT2's standard bases. Shorter and stair step look. Screw on an extension ring adapter and you can use the Aspire Replacement BVC's (non-Nautilus) for both regular and mini PT2's. :)

I do the same for my reg. sized and mini Davides.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
The mini ProTank 2 without their base will screw onto the air flow controllers for regular sized PT2's as well as the PT2's standard bases. Shorter and stair step look. Screw on an extension ring adapter and you can use the Aspire Replacement BVC's (non-Nautilus) for both regular and mini PT2's. :)

I do the same for my reg. sized and mini Davides.

Well blow me down. You learn something new every day. Those PT air flows are better than the ones they sell for mini's. Plus they will catch leaks before they get onto the mod. And it means you can use the mini's on a 510. It works the other way round too.

I guess it was obvious but it never occurred to me to try it.

They do look a little odd, but I'm too old to suffer from vanity.

Thanks for the tip !

Maiar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Don't think I ever had a protank leak on me, 2's or 3's. They are a damn fine piece of equipment even if they are older. I quit cigarettes because of protank 2's. But any mod that regulates well would work. I didn't even use watts back then, right around 3.8V is perfect on 1.8ohm coils. So anything other than a 20w istick.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
I have a handful of these I use regularly. Like ChooChooGranny, I rebuild my heads. Have been for about 18 months. Use air flow controllers. I think great for a mech because you probably won't subohm, so battery draw won't be excessive. Only time one leaked was when I didn't have quite enough wick in my coil.

I'm going to build a few coils with SS316L, just because!

Don't expect to fill a room with klowdz, but it's an enjoyable vape

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    With the standard coils and airflow you need a mod that will go down to 5 watts, about 3.4-3.5 V with 2.2 ohms and 3.2-3.3 with the 1.8's. For the fullsize PT2 you need a 510 connection and for the Mini you need an eGo connector, e.g. a VV stick such as a Spinner. Excellent MTL tank for appropriate ejuices.

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 22, 2015
    Somewhere in the South
    To this day I'll still get wild and throw my PT2 with a coil rebuild at 1.5Ω and airflow control on my istick 20w and go nuts. It was the setup that truly got me into vaping after a let down from EVODs
    Just like the old saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it"

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 2, 2013
    BC Canada
    My wife and I vaped protanks for almost 2 years. With a airflow adapter and rebuilding coils it was a great unit for our needs, even though a bit small in ml size it did us well. Since I didn't use stock coils we had NO issues with it leaking but had a old PT1 glass unglue from the base and the airflow adapters also separated, sending the springs into oblivion then lost. Those protanks set the stage for my rebuilding skills I am going to use till I quit vaping.

mauricem00

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 18, 2015
    carson city nevada

Mazinny

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 25, 2013
    NY
    No noticeable ramp-up difference.....

I was contemplating 30g, but I don't think I will go there. My kanthal is 30g, and I normally wrap 7-8 wraps and lands me about 1.5 ohms. I'm hoping I can find maybe one kind of wire I like and not have 10 different spools :lol:
    29 gauge 1.8 to 2mm i.d 10 wraps contact coil ( comes out to about 1.8 ohms ), is the sweet spot for me on the pt2 coil. ymmv

long thread but very informative :

Protank MicroCoil Discussion!!

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    That was the first tank I got and I still use them. You can't use them over about 12W which I think means any mod out there will work. If you want something cheap and simple get a Spinner. It's worth learning how to rebuild the coils yourself. Lots of YouTube videos on how to do that. Replacement coils are expensive and not very good.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread