Kanger Protank.... original set up bad....but!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARMYVAPR

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
North Carolina
Hi i received a protank today that I got from Stormy... tank looks good on the airy side but i got used to the terminator first and no big deal... first of all the original coil head was not feeding good kind of no flavor and dry to fast.

solution: I broke down the whole head build my oun coil. I saw a lot of people that cut the wick the same as the original cil very close to the head but i did the oposite i left the 2 side long and fit them inside the tank when screwing. Now is a very good vape at 3.7 volts with 1.5 ohm coil.

Just posting this in case no one has tryed it this way (with the ling wick instead of long). sorry no Pictures because i just did it and wanted to try it. but later I will post some pics on how it look.

Ansah

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2012
USA
Nice! I just rewicked/coiled a Protank using hemp (three 1mm strands coiled together), 6 wraps with 32 kanthal, and it's vaping great at 2.6Ω at 4.3v on the Provari. If I had read your post first, I might have tried leaving more wick on the ends. But yeah, I just cut them off close to stock size.

Looks like it could be tricky re-threading the tank, as there's not a lot of space. If you do get around to posting pictures, that would be cool. Vape on!

ARMYVAPR

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
North Carolina
20130604_194247.jpg 20130604_194255.jpg 20130604_194316.jpg Sorry for the pictures taken from cell phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread