The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Kanger Protank.... original set up bad....but!!!

Discussion in 'Stormy's Vapor Cellar' started by ARMYVAPR, Jun 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ARMYVAPR

ARMYVAPR Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 29, 2011
    North Carolina
    Hi i received a protank today that I got from Stormy... tank looks good on the airy side but i got used to the terminator first and no big deal... first of all the original coil head was not feeding good kind of no flavor and dry to fast.

solution: I broke down the whole head build my oun coil. I saw a lot of people that cut the wick the same as the original cil very close to the head but i did the oposite i left the 2 side long and fit them inside the tank when screwing. Now is a very good vape at 3.7 volts with 1.5 ohm coil.

Just posting this in case no one has tryed it this way (with the ling wick instead of long). sorry no Pictures because i just did it and wanted to try it. but later I will post some pics on how it look.

2. Ansah

Ansah Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 27, 2012
    USA
    Nice! I just rewicked/coiled a Protank using hemp (three 1mm strands coiled together), 6 wraps with 32 kanthal, and it's vaping great at 2.6Ω at 4.3v on the Provari. If I had read your post first, I might have tried leaving more wick on the ends. But yeah, I just cut them off close to stock size.

Looks like it could be tricky re-threading the tank, as there's not a lot of space. If you do get around to posting pictures, that would be cool. Vape on!

3. CloudBurst

CloudBurst Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jun 2, 2009
    Georgia, USA
    I'd like pics too please. ;)
    BTW off topic, what are you standing next to in your avatar? A new juice delivery system?? LOL

4. ARMYVAPR

Aug 29, 2011
    North Carolina
    that is a tank of beer processing at the Heineken factory in Amsterdam........ :)

5. ARMYVAPR

Aug 29, 2011
    North Carolina
    20130604_194247.jpg 20130604_194255.jpg 20130604_194316.jpg Sorry for the pictures taken from cell phone

6. Rodeorat

Rodeorat Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 14, 2013
    Guthrie, OK
    Fascinating idea. Can't wait to see how it performs. What did you use for wicking material?

7. ARMYVAPR

Aug 29, 2011
    North Carolina
    I dont really know because this wick came in a trade I made and it came with 3 diferent wicks without saying what was what. but the wick I use in the Terminator is cilica

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.