Not open for further replies.

SchmidtyKy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Anytown, USA
Hey all,

I remember when I was a cigarette smoker, before I switched to vaping, I had a brand of cigs that I ALWAYS smoked. Sometimes I would try other brands but it just wasn't the same. You guys know what I'm talking about.

When I finally switched to vaping, it took me a while, but I figured out my "brand" of vape that worked for me, and that I use every day/all the time. Nothing else will do!

I've been off cigs going on 4 years now. My set up is simple and amateur. I use a SmokeTech XPro M65 mod, and a Kanger Protank V1. I do not rebuild/build my own coils. I tried my hand at this several times and it's not for me. I use Kanger's Cotton coils at 2.2 ohms, and usually vape around 8.5 watts with 24mg nicotine. This is how I've been staying off cigs for the past 4 years.

That being said, those Protank V1s do not last forever. Eventually the glass kinda loosens from the metal and it leaks, and has to be replaced. No problem with this, really. Each one lasts me approx 6 months. I don't mind spending the $10 for a new tank a couple times per year.

But my problem is that I can no longer find the original ProTank for sale. I have tried the Protank 2, but it's not the same. It's a tighter vape, and it gurgles a lot and seems to not work as well.

It looks as if I am faced with a decision, and will soon have to find a new go-to tank. I pay about $5 for a box of 5 coil refills for my protanks, and each coil lasts me a few days. I toss them when they are changed out.

Is there a tank (glass) out there now that supports my idea of the perfect vape that would be equitable to the investment I make into the ProTank and it's coils?

I like simplicity and consistency.

Appreciate your help!

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Get yourself a kanger airflow adapter. It replaces the base on all the protanks for much better airflow and no grommet squishing restricting the air. I drilled out the holes a bit bigger in the adapters also to increase more airflow. You can alter a stock head by removing the silica from inside the coil then replacing it with cotton. Many YouTube vids showing exactly how to do it, how simple to do on a brand new head and your vape quality will increase 1000 fold with 2 minutes work.

SchmidtyKy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Anytown, USA
Get yourself a kanger airflow adapter. It replaces the base on all the protanks for much better airflow and no grommet squishing restricting the air. I drilled out the holes a bit bigger in the adapters also to increase more airflow. You can alter a stock head by removing the silica from inside the coil then replacing it with cotton. Many YouTube vids showing exactly how to do it, how simple to do on a brand new head and your vape quality will increase 1000 fold with 2 minutes work.

Hey, so are you suggesting I get an airflow adapter for the Kanger ProTank V2 and I won't hate it anymore?

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
YUP.....My wife and I vapes protanks for 2 years and loved them and still do and will never get rid of my PT stash. The airflow adapter was the game changer with the PT 1,2 and mini. I know the PT1 are getting harder to find and its just going to get worse cause they are old school gear. The adapter will add new life to the PT1 & 2's. I would stock up on all the parts before they do disappear if they are your atty of choice till the end of time. Even if your not considering rebuilding now, you might have to if stock heads become unavailable so stock up on positive insulators, glass tubes and orings and don't throw away the spent heads for the PT2.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
YUP.....My wife and I vapes protanks for 2 years and loved them and still do and will never get rid of my PT stash. The airflow adapter was the game changer with the PT 1,2 and mini. I know the PT1 are getting harder to find and its just going to get worse cause they are old school gear. The adapter will add new life to the PT1 & 2's. I would stock up on all the parts before they do disappear if they are your atty of choice till the end of time. Even if your not considering rebuilding now, you might have to if stock heads become unavailable so stock up on positive insulators, glass tubes and orings and don't throw away the spent heads for the PT2.

Good advice! I wish I would've known earlier about saving stock coils. I foolishly threw many away!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rickb119

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
Greeley, CO, USA
Here ya go. Kanger Airflow Control Valve V3

I used the PT2 for about 3 years until I discovered the subtank mini. It's also on sale there, Cheap! If I didn't already have a dozen (and parts to make that many more) I'd buy several at that price. Rebuilding the subtank RBA is a breeze compared to the PT2. Don't let the *sub* in subtank scare you away. It has a built in air controller that can be turned down to your draw preference.

Bases, RBA's, glass, plastic bell caps and coils (at whatever resistance you want) can be bought at FT. I don't like the drip tip it comes with but they also can be purchased at FT. Pretty much any style you like.

I use around the same resistance coil (1.6-1.8 ohm) as I did on the PT2 but bumped up the watts from 7-8 to 9-10. Flavor is SO much better with the subtank. I do go thru a *little* more juice but the flavor improvement is well worth it. Besides, I DIY so it's no big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread