The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Kanger Subtank Plus/Kbox Airflow issue

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Anthony Douglass, May 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Anthony Douglass

Anthony Douglass Full Member

May 15, 2015
    Hamilton, OH
    So I got the Kbox Mod with the Subtank plus mostly just bc it went so well together. I have a Sony VTC4 battery and everything seemed good except..... I am getting zero airflow out of it. Everything fires but I can't do a lung or mouth hit at all.... not even a little. I tried all three coils and nothing..... I eventually started checking everything starting with the drip tip and then the chimney and air flows great. Got some ejuice in my mouth a little but even individually checked each coil and the air flow is fine. The issue is once I attach it to the base it turns in to a big crap sandwich and I got zero pull on it. The airflow ring adjusts properly and clicks into place but when I tried to pull air from the top coil side it does nothing...... I have watched every video and been in every forum and I have not seen this issue except when ppl clog it from rebuilding or cleaning but mine is brand new out the box and verified through Kangertech...... Any ideas????

2. Katmar

Katmar Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Sep 19, 2009
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Hi Anthony and welcome to the forum. Bumping you up for an answer. Good luck....:)

3. Robert Dean

Robert Dean Senior Member

May 10, 2015
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Try hitting the fire button and blowing through till you see vapor coming out your airflow, then take a drag. See if that fixes it. Sometimes if you overfill the tank, it can cause pressure problems, and that fixes it (usually). Hope it helps!!!

4. BlackCat7

BlackCat7 Full Member

May 15, 2015
    I had some terrible hot gross hits when I switched to a subtank mini from a protank mini, but I figured out that its better for me if I have the airflow on the most opened setting and pull fast with my lungs. I thought it was not for me, but now I love it. Also I prefer thicker juices with the tank. I have never had zero pull, just zero vape, but I hope it helps you.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Anthony Douglass

May 15, 2015
    Hamilton, OH
    Tank was only half full. Still no airflow when trying to take a hit on it. It almost seems like it was missing a hole or something to connect the airflow from the coil to the bottom base. When I look down where the pin goes inside there is nothing at all.

6. Robert Dean

Robert Dean Senior Member

May 10, 2015
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Ok. I'm having trouble understanding what you mean. Have you tried what I suggested? Just blow through the drip tip while you hit the button. Then take a drag once you see vapor coming out of the air slots.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Anthony Douglass

May 15, 2015
    Hamilton, OH
    Yeah it is confusing me as well. And yes when it is all hooked up I can blow in it all day and not even a little air goes through it. I also have the Iclear30, Mini Protank, and a few others and all of them (without the battery or Mod) I can put to my mouth and take a drag and you can hear the airflow but the subtank it doesn't matter how hard I hit it I can't even get a little air going through it. But I can blow through all the coils that comes with the subtank and the airflow is fine. It has to be something with that bottom base. Almost like the didn't machine the holes where the coils pin attaches to the base. This is by far the strangest hardest to explain experience I have ever had vaping. 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

8. yuseffuhler

yuseffuhler Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2015
    Houghton, MI
    Can you blow through just the base by itself? If not, try to get your tank returned. If that's not an option, you can buy just the base.

9. Anthony Douglass

May 15, 2015
    Hamilton, OH
    Nope will not let me blow through the base at all. And yeah I'm going to see if I can return tomorrow. Thanks though it is very much appreciated!

10. Ohm Gnome

Ohm Gnome Super Member

Apr 27, 2015
    Douglasville Ga
    A
    After you get to the shop let us know what's up lol . I'm pretty curious

• Like Like x 1
  11. yuseffuhler

yuseffuhler Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2015
    Houghton, MI
    I think that base afc is completely closed, which would be the worst quality control ever lol. That's my guess.

12. Ohm Gnome

Ohm Gnome Super Member

Apr 27, 2015
    Douglasville Ga
    Yeah with the lighting on that pic I can't tell but I'm thinking it has to be something silly lol. I wish I could hold it. If you're right I wouldn't want to return it. I'd keep it for laughs. Imagine having a friend try and hit it lol

13. Altaire Versailles

Altaire Versailles Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2013
    Detroit MI
    it looks to me that the airflow dial is in the closed position? Am I missing something?

14. BlackCat7

BlackCat7 Full Member

May 15, 2015
    That's what it looks like open... It has an open area around a central post behind the air holes

15. Anthony Douglass

May 15, 2015
    Hamilton, OH
    They have not responded yet and they are closed till Monday so hopefully I will have an update then. I also hit up Kanger just to see if they heard of anything.

16. Ohm Gnome

Ohm Gnome Super Member

Apr 27, 2015
    Douglasville Ga
    Dang I saw the alert and thought I was finding out. I'm pretty puzzled on this

17. Anthony Douglass

May 15, 2015
    Hamilton, OH
    And lol I wish it was just me being dumb and not opening the air valve. The subtank is just sitting there taunting me and I have been on a solid three day mission to figure it out. I feel like Harold and Kumar and everything just keeps getting in the way of my white castle. If anyone figures anything out let me know, but the more and more I look into it it seems where the coil attaches to the air flow base someone forgot to machine it or something bc if you look inside the air holes its solid and the only air exchange is between the two air holes on the bottom and nothing flowing to the coil. I actually slightly unscrewed the coil about a quarter turn and got a small amount of vape (almost couldn't see it) but it fires and pops and crackles normally so I don't have any clue.

Worst case I will just order the bottom base Monday....

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ohm Gnome

Ohm Gnome Super Member

Apr 27, 2015
    Douglasville Ga
    I kinda got lost trying to understand that. I'm getting sleepy. Nothing shocks me anymore. Quality control is a joke with some companies. Usually though Kanger is pretty good but they could have made that one on a hungover Monday early in the morning lol

• Like Like x 1
  19. yuseffuhler

yuseffuhler Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2015
    Houghton, MI
    It should be a nonissue to get it replaced. With any product you will get Occasional crap. Best of luck!

• Like Like x 2
  20. Anthony Douglass

May 15, 2015
    Hamilton, OH
    Hey Jason I finally found out what I already thought it was. I heard back from Kanger and where the coil attaches to the AFC base is supposed to have four rectangular holes as shown in the first picture and mine is the second pic and was made with ZERO rectangle holes and hence why I have no air flow at all. Someone just forgot to machine the holes and the rep I talked to said he has never seen that and was pretty amazed as well. He had to check my QR codes to make sure it wasn't a clone. Now waiting on their reply.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.