Status
Not open for further replies.

spider362

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Anyone else having this breakage problem with their Kanger T3?

PIC_0276.jpg PIC_0277.jpg

The tank has not pulled out it has actually broken at the shoulder
where the tank is attached to the metal ring.

spider362

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Two of them have broken so far.

It just might be the way I handle them. That's why I asked, to see if it might be more common than just mine.

I try to handle them properly by screwing and unscrewing the parts together by holding the metal parts only, but some times I forget and just twist it off by the plastic tank.

But I don't think twisting would cause it to break the way they have. Seems to me it would take a bending action to break it like that. Maybe I sat on it, or caught it between something getting in or out of the car, although I carry it on a lanyard around my neck so I don't see how that could happen.

Oh, well. I found a source for just the tank, so at least I don't have to buy the entire assembly. I've also switched over to the T3s heads so now I have a T3 tank with a T3s head.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Maybe, on the lanyard, it got crushed between you and the seat belt?

Agree, it doesn't seem like twisting should do that, but sideways stress certainly could.

Conversely, you probably got them at the same time from the same place, so it still could be just a bad batch, with defective tubes.

spider362

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2010
Raleigh, NC
I'll try to be more careful where it is when I'm in the car. Don't remember it being in any danger from the seat belt, though.

Yes I did get those at the same place at the same time. They are from the first batch that came out a few months ago when they did the 2-way printing (where you can read the numbers in either direction).

The one I'm using now still have the 2-way printing, but were bought only a week or so ago and from a different supplier. Also, I've wrapped the joint with a double layer of cellophane tape to strengthen it. Maybe that will help some.

Time will tell.

Last edited:

spider362

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Could be.

I ordered 1 T3 and a spare head the first of October and ordered 2 T3s and 2 spare heads the first of November.

The T3 I got on my first order only had one column of numbers while the ones on the second order had two columns of numbers, so it would appear I got 2 different batches. The 2 that broke were from the second order because they both have the two columns of numbers. The first one I ordered, the one with the single column I carry as a spare and hasn't been used, so I can't say if it's in danger of breaking or not.

Last edited:

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Could be.

I ordered 1 T3 and a spare head the first of October and ordered 2 T3s and 2 spare heads the first of November.

The T3 I got on my first order only had one column of numbers while the ones on the second order had two columns of numbers, so it would appear I got 2 different batches. The 2 that broke were from the second order because they both have the two columns of numbers. The first one I ordered, the one with the single column I carry as a spare and hasn't been used, so I can't say if it's in danger of breaking or not.

I have a later plastic, mid november, that I've been using for quite some time. I rotate between T3, a Vapeonly and an eVod and none of them has shown any sign of stress aside from the fact that the numbers are fading. Quite a feat for something supposedly disposable.

spider362

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2010
Raleigh, NC
You are right...

I ordered 5 spare tanks (without heads) from GotVapes for $3.95 each just in case more of them break. I don't need any more heads, I have about 6 of the regular T3 heads, 5 of the new T3s coils and 1 T3s base. Plus I have 100 feet of Kanthal A1 32 AWG wire for making new coils, 5 of the positive center post insulators and miles of cotton threads from cheesecloth for wicks. As long as I can keep the tanks in stock it looks like I'm all set for a while.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
You are right...

I ordered 5 spare tanks (without heads) from GotVapes for $3.95 each just in case more of them break. I don't need any more heads, I have about 6 of the regular T3 heads, 5 of the new T3s coils and 1 T3s base. Plus I have 100 feet of Kanthal A1 32 AWG wire for making new coils, 5 of the positive center post insulators and miles of cotton threads from cheesecloth for wicks. As long as I can keep the tanks in stock it looks like I'm all set for a while.

I won't be ordering any more T3. Although I love the way they vape I'm having contact problems and even with an adaptor there's some jiggle on my eVic. That's a nono for me, I wanted to order some new T3S bases but they don't ship internationally. I prefer 510 connector for my mods, specially on the eVic that I use on the go. Strange enough, this last batch of T3 heads don't make contact, the previous batch did. It's a shame, heads are dirt cheap and I can't understand why I can vape eVods without adapter but not T3... We'll see

I won't be ordering any more T3. Although I love the way they vape I'm having contact problems and even with an adaptor there's some jiggle on my eVic. That's a nono for me, I wanted to order some new T3S bases but they don't ship internationally. I prefer 510 connector for my mods, specially on the eVic that I use on the go. Strange enough, this last batch of T3 heads don't make contact, the previous batch did. It's a shame, heads are dirt cheap and I can't understand why I can vape eVods without adapter but not T3... We'll see

I had the same problem, my evic would not fire any mt3's. I got it to work by pulling down on the center pin of the mt3 but even by doing that i had to pull the pin down ever now and then to get it to work. i never had any problem with the evod's though. Honestly since i got my kanger pro , im in love :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread