Kangertech Aerotank review

Status
Not open for further replies.

MateoN

Unregistered Supplier
I decided to buy a Kangertech Aerotank with a innokin (v3) itaste vv battery. I dont know if this is just me being new to vaping or because my only comparison is to a kangertech evod. But Im quite blown away by the combo.

For the tank. The tank holds 2.5ml. I can adjust the airflow and Im amazed by how much nicer the vape tastes over the evod. When people give reviews on eLiquids, I think it is imperative to also mention the device that was used because Ive been vaping in the evod for a couple weeks, and I was on the fence about certain flavours but when I got the aerotank, the flavour profile completely changed.

For the battery. I was a bit scared to get into anything complicated because I am so new to this. I got a starter kit, and the kit just works. For any newbies reading this. Dont be intimidated by all the information that hits you at once. Take the plunge. I got this vv battery and played around with the voltage while taking in hits. Holy crap it is so much better to control the voltage. Im getting better, stronger and "poofier" vapes then on the static 3.7 v battery that came with the kit.

Im so stoked on my new rig and would like to see what others opinions are on the items. More so, any users out there that use these items that can comment on how they are holding up in the long run?

L33R0Y

May 3, 2014
Melbourne
Good choice of gear, I use mine daily on pass-through same combo. Avg 3ml before switching to mod at home. No issues past 2 weeks just great. Just go easy on the threads, only nip it tight and should last forever. Okay long enough for them to bring out something better...could be a while though hey. I use a smok airflow 510-510 & beauty ring to save the threads on the iTaste. No wobbles as I don't ask too much of it, but with the Aero on top I can foresee a weak point. Go easy.
As I went through coils I would build them as singles with 3mm wick and strands for flavour wick for an improvement in performance and battery life. Might be a thought.
Noticed Kanger have a new dual coil which is 'enclosed'. About time, while a good idea the current style makes for an easy retro-fit.

Yohkos

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Texas
I will always have a soft spot for the Innokin vv3. I quit the first the day I bought it. Since it was my first mod the salesperson told me if I wanted to be successful at quitting the cigs, I would be better off to pay more for the vv3 than the ego with no vv/vw. I paid more than I would have online (I absolutely knew nothing about vaping). Anyway, I never regretted I paid 3 times more at the time because I quit the first day I started vaping and have never looked back. I have started family members with the same set up that saved me. I love you....Innokin :). I have three vv3's that I take to work everyday due to the small size.

Actually it was the Provari that started the whole thing. A coworker told me to try his Provari. I had no clue what the heck he was talking about. Never seen anything like it in my life. I took a vape and it was OMG this better than smoking! The following weekend is when I bought the Innokin vv3. I couldn't see buying a Provari, way too expensive, so I thought. My coworker explained to me, that the Provari wasn't that expensive if you look at it and how much I spent on cartons.....So my pink Provari was my reward and a bunch of other stuff....I reward myself way too much with all kinds of vaping gear lol. I need to go to vapers shopper anonymous if there is such a thing.

Last edited:

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
I own an aerotank but my use with it was ran short as i recvd my kfl in the mail... I also found it hard to rebuild in dual coil so i has to do a single coil build and had flooding issues

I have two KFL clones which are awesome but I still love my Aerotank! I found that once I started rebuilding them the stock dual coils mute the flavor wicked.

Rebuilding a Kanger dual coil into a single micro is a bit tricky. To ensure there is enough cotton filling the gaps, I make a 2 mm microcoil with 30 gauge, torch it to make it nice and tight, twist a 3 inch pinch of cotton very tight and wick the coil before I install it. I feed the leads in and pinch the cotton downward against the side of the head to hold the coil in place as I install the grommet and pin. Clip the cotton and fluff it with a toothpick to make nice little fluffy gap-filling clouds on either side. I've never had a leak, gurgle or dry hit doing it this way. Works like a charm!

Aeromicro1.jpg

Aeromicro2.JPG

To the OP, don't throw away the coils when they get dirty, you can clean them or save them up and learn to rebuild at some point. It is WAY easier than it looks or sounds, flavor is awesome and they last longer!

Last edited:

StevenServo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I have two KFL clones which are awesome but I still love my Aerotank! I found that once I started rebuilding them the stock dual coils mute the flavor wicked.

Rebuilding a Kanger dual coil into a single micro is a bit tricky. To ensure there is enough cotton filling the gaps, I make a 2 mm microcoil with 30 gauge, torch it to make it nice and tight, twist a 3 inch pinch of cotton very tight and wick the coil before I install it. I feed the leads in and pinch the cotton downward against the side of the head to hold the coil in place as I install the grommet and pin. Clip the cotton and fluff it with a toothpick to make nice little fluffy gap-filling clouds on either side. I've never had a leak, gurgle or dry hit doing it this way. Works like a charm!

View attachment 331914

View attachment 331916

To the OP, don't throw away the coils when they get dirty, you can clean them or save them up and learn to rebuild at some point. It is WAY easier than it looks or sounds, flavor is awesome and they last longer!

ill try it and post picks of my results

MateoN

Unregistered Supplier
L33R0Y, very good advice about the threading. It is noted. The whole talk about rebuild able coils is above me right now, but I'm sure one day I may get into that aspect of DIYing.

StevenServo: sorry to hear about your experience. I'm using the stock dual coils that came with the unit. No flooding as yet. My evod was flooding and gargling but haven't had the same issue with the aero tank... yet.

Yohkos: ya you could have went for something cheaper or shipped around until you found the itaste for cheaper but who knows what may have happened if you didn't. I'm getting at the whole "butterfly effect" thing. Glad to hear that most so far are having a good experience. I've had this setup for alittle over a week and loving it.

Hey aldpharr, we're in the same boat. Don't get discouraged. Doesn't sound like you are. :). I'll let the other more experienced vapors answer the specifics. But I just bought the replaceable dual coil heads that go into the aero tank. Depending on what gear you are currently using. I would say, make the move, you won't be disappointed. I'm learning everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread