Kangertech Subvod Battery Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Von Vape

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2016
First, let me say, this may not be the right spot. If so, please feel free to move it accordingly moderators.

On the other hand, "social media" moves companies to "do the right thing". I do look upon this forum as a form of "social media" and that's why I choose to post this in "G.V.D." (so sue me, LOL!).

To the point, I wrote Kangertech a week ago, worried about "The Deeming" (gawd that sounds ominous, doesn't it? AND IT IS!!) stating that I was very happy with their product and haven't had any "issues" BUT, with "The Deeming" fast approaching, I was interested in stocking up on Subvod (ego type) batteries, since they wouldn't be available until they had undergone "government scrutiny" and the cost had risen exponentially. A full week has passed and NO REPLY! Being a dig for myself kind of guy, I went to their suggested forum, Kangertechforum.com, and looked into it for myself. :thumbs:

Here's an actual exert from that forum:

kangertech.freeforums.org
Kangertech Product Forum

Welcome

Welcome to kangertech

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!
Subvod battery not charging
Post a reply
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
Subvod battery not charging
by orheeo » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:12 pm

I got my new subvod kit a week ago. It worked perfectly fine until I tried to charge it after it died last night. It won't charge, the battery light won't turn on and neither will the indicator light on the button. I've tried three different chargers just incase it was a faulty cable, no luck.
orheeo

by kangertech » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:52 am

Did you use the usb come with your device? you can come back to your dealer for help,if manufacturing issue ,they can replace for you.
kangertech
Site Admin

Re: Subvod battery not charging
by orheeo » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:23 pm

Yes, I tried the usb that came in the kit, still no luck
icon_e_sad.gif

orheeo

by kangertech » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:11 am

Then you can replace it from your dealer.
kangertech
Site Admin

by Wolfy » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:58 am

Having the exact same problem after only one week of moderate use.
Wolfy

by Kasey1971 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:19 am

Having the same issue. Only had it since Saturday and its now Monday and when i plug in charger usb no light on the bottom to indicate its charging, and the unit gets super hot. hot enough for me to not want to leave it alone. Store i bought it at said to register it here ( cant find where to do that by the way) and if it "fixes its self" then its fine. Did not offer to replace. Just really blew me off.
Kasey1971

by kangertech » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:17 am

Is your subvod charging with the tank?Is it too hot to touch?
Our product have no need to register.
kangertech
Site Admin

7 posts • Page 1 of 1
(Edited for exteranious content)

Now, I haven't had any problems like the ones above, our devices have worked well. Maybe not the best battery life but overall, not too shabby. A little more time on "the umbilical" than we'd like, but not bad.

OBVIOUSLY, MORE research was in order! No real surprise, a Google search of "Kangertech Subvod Replacement Batteries" turned up NOTHING! MORE research! "Kangertech Batteries", which turned up this result (among others):
Kanger eVod Mega 1900mAh Battery
This is the correct battery (diam. wise) a little longer and with MORE mAh.

I suppose my point(s) are; If Kanger tech were interested in "customer service", wouldn't they have replied with a, "We'll be happy to supply you with replacement batteries @ "X" $$$ ea." or "Check (the above) for an even better replacement battery!" or even "We value you as a customer. We do not currently offer replacement batteries." BUT NOOOOO! Instead we are left to fend for ourselves and when we go to THEIR forum, we are met with, "Then you can replace it from your dealer." OR, "
Is your subvod charging with the tank? Is it too hot to touch?
Our product have no need to register."
DUDES!!! C'MON!!! My "dealer" doesn't give a :censored: about my battery life or the "LOOMING DEEMING" (yes, I know, he should!) "Too bad, I'm sad, contact the manufacturer!" . Too hot? NOT THE ISSUE! Tank on? Who freakin' cares???!!! I NEED REPLACEMENT BATTERIES before they're $100 a pieces!!!!

I suppose I'm also wondering if, a) I/we should be doing business with a CHINESE company or if we should be buying AMERICAN. And, b) Would the American company treat us any differently and would they be able to meet the price point of the Chinese product???

LIS, overall, we're happy with the product. Customer service is another issue and I know there's going to be A LOT of "Buy American"(!) sentiment. I also know those same people have Samsung, Sanyo & Sony products throughout their homes and drive Hondas & Kias. "Not that there's anything wrong with that." ;)

Just Wondering????
:cool: Von Vape :cool:

loader.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread