Kanthal Ribbon and it's not so worthy rave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cartomizer

Mar 29, 2013
Evansville, Indiana USA
So I've heard/seen plenty of people raving about ribbon wire and honestly after working with it and multiple different wicking materials I can honestly say it's not very functional. After wrapping a coil it just springs and opens up separating itself and the very material it needs to be touching in order to vape well. How can this be avoided? I've tried annealing the wire. It seems to hold shape poorly even after heating the ribbon.

jhiga

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2013
Honolulu
The first time I tried working with it, I noticed it was difficult to wrap a coil. But after a little practice, it seems to be performing very well. I don't heat, just tweak, wrap, and fire while working out hot spots. I got .9 x .1 mm from Temco. It's a little springy, but I've gotten pretty good at working with it. What diameter are you using?

Practice, practice, practice, is what I think it boils down to.

ZeroDisorder

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
Oklahoma
I just got some .8mm x .1mm a few days ago, and I've already rewrapped all my Genesis coils. Love the stuff. Have not had a serious problem after I figured out how to have the top coil stop separating from the wick. Instead of cutting it off under the positive post, I wrap it completely around the post, and then weave it over and above the lead coming from the coil, pulling it to the wick. This also doubles as another conductor at the leg to prevent it from heating up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread