Kawfee beanz, DIY and assorted Shenaniganery :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
I'm a happy drunk, also a pretty easy drunk. I make it a mission to see that everyone is as happy as I am. Once I lose my lips it's all over with, I'm just drunk. My sister's ex-husband was in a locally popular house band, & used to send me shots so I could entertain the band during their break. Apparently I'm also a funny drunk.

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk
I'm a happy drunk too except when it's gin. If I drink gin to excess I turn mean so I avoid it at all costs.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I'm a happy drunk too except when it's gin. If I drink gin to excess I turn mean so I avoid it at all costs.
I stay away from hard liqour. I'm not crazy about beer, but like Shiner Bock. I do like a good wine on the sweet side.

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
I stay away from hard liqour. I'm not crazy about beer, but like Shiner Bock. I do like a good wine on the sweet side.

Moscato is my favorite. The grocery store here sells a Peach Moscato and a local Muscadine wine that I generally pick up when I'm in the mood for wine.

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
My ex AH boyfriend had bought a $75 bottle of ice wine to share with his girlfriend while he was living here with me. He forgot about it and left it behind when I evicted him. On July 4th, he finally got the last of his stuff out so I popped the cork on that bottle and sat in my living room watching the fireworks displays on the tv and killed that bottle! Didn't bother with a glass just drank it straight from the bottle. He called a week later to come and get it. I said sorry, I celebrated my Independence Day with it! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
When it rains it pours, right? I go out this morning to take Nala out and this is what greets me? Anyone know a very, very cheap tree cutter? I have the rest of one that needs to be cut down. And I have a dog to relocate. Maggie was tethered to the downed limb. :lol::lol::lol:
View attachment 679725 View attachment 679727 View attachment 679729

Uncle Kerm mighta done it for a case of Busch NA, but he doesn't have a replacement vehicle from his accident, and he's still getting over his gallbladder surgery..... Number of years ago, he and his boys dropped a tree that had split in an ice storm that previous winter. Had the (dayum) swimming pool at the time, and not a lot of "room" to drop that 2-3 story tree. They lined that bad boy up and got it cut. Dropped it about 3' from the pool, and no twigs or leaves even got in the pool!

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
Uncle Kerm mighta done it for a case of Busch NA, but he doesn't have a replacement vehicle from his accident, and he's still getting over his gallbladder surgery..... Number of years ago, he and his boys dropped a tree that had split in an ice storm that previous winter. Had the (dayum) swimming pool at the time, and not a lot of "room" to drop that 2-3 story tree. They lined that bad boy up and got it cut. Dropped it about 3' from the pool, and no twigs or leaves even got in the pool!
After going back out without Nala, it shouldn't be too difficult to get down. Smaller limbs first then that will eliminate taking out the Internet lines, then the larger limbs to eliminate falling on the house or the carport. The rest will be easy peasy I think. My neighbor is away from the house today so hopefully I can talk to him in the morning. I still need to figure out what to do about Maggie though. :(

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
I have a couple of high school peeps coming in for the weekend. I'm SO STOKED!!!!!! AND, Shelley is a VAPER!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!

I've not seen her since our 20th reunion. Rich, I've not seen since HE graduated (a year before Shelley and me.... :shock: ) GONNA BE A BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLRS

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
@TheTinMan

woman-raising-hand.png

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Okay... here is the eulogy that I've written for tomorrow... I didn't want to focus on the struggles that she has faced. This is what I came up with... please be honest and tell me if anything is wrong. I love you guys!

********************************************************************************

First off, let me begin by thanking you all for being here. Tricia had always joked by saying that we would be able to fit everyone who would come to her funeral into a phone booth. It brings me great joy to be able to prove her wrong… at least this one time.

How to begin? Well, as many of you know, Tricia and I met online. Long before online dating was a thing. We actually first began talking online in 1997 in one of the old style chat rooms. Eventually, we began talking on the phone and we first laid eyes on each other on September 2nd, 1998. She lived here in Houston and I was stationed in Jacksonville, FL at the time. We took turns travelling back and forth to be together for about a month or so before she dropped everything and moved to Florida to be with me. That alone is enough to tell you what an incredibly strong and brave woman she was. She moved to Florida and her only plan was for us to be together. The day we got to Florida, I went out on ship for 6 weeks. Amazingly, she was still there when I got back! That was when I truly knew that this beautiful woman really did love me with all of her heart.

A year later, we were married. She planned it all out while I was back aboard ship and as soon as I got back we had a beautiful wedding. To this day, she is still the most gorgeous bride that I have ever seen. I am an incredibly lucky man to have been able to spend nearly twenty years surrounded by her grace and wit. Of course, we had our ups and downs as every couple does, but we always put differences aside and cherished one another at the end of the day. We took care of one another and we supported one another. Most importantly, we deeply loved one another through all of life’s challenges.

I won’t go into the illnesses that plagued Tricia’s life. Those things never defined her. What defined her was her Faith in the face of those illnesses and challenges. Never have I seen another soul who could face such things with the grace and strength that Tricia made seem so effortless. Through pain and sickness, she worried more about what was going on with others. She was always there with love, support, advice, and anything else that she could offer. One thing that she taught me was perspective; that no matter how small a person thinks their challenges are in relation to another’s; if those things are important to you then they matter. Please, never get caught up in trying to compare your challenges to those of another. Face your challenges and try to help others with theirs.

Faith. Unwavering faith. That is something that Tricia had and anyone who knows her will agree with that. Never once did I hear her question why she had to endure the challenges that were put in her path. Instead, she believed that there was a purpose and that God had a plan for her. None of us can say what that plan was, but I believe that she was here to show us the true face of strength, of grace, and of faith. To make us all better people. I know that she did that for me. I owe a large part of who I am as a man to her. I only hope that I can find a way to carry on and honor her for the rest of my days.

Tricia, I love you, SweetHeart. I love you with all of my being. Rest now, my Love… We’ll see each other again.

TheTinMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2016
North Carolina
Okay... here is the eulogy that I've written for tomorrow... I didn't want to focus on the struggles that she has faced. This is what I came up with... please be honest and tell me if anything is wrong. I love you guys!

********************************************************************************

First off, let me begin by thanking you all for being here. Tricia had always joked by saying that we would be able to fit everyone who would come to her funeral into a phone booth. It brings me great joy to be able to prove her wrong… at least this one time.

How to begin? Well, as many of you know, Tricia and I met online. Long before online dating was a thing. We actually first began talking online in 1997 in one of the old style chat rooms. Eventually, we began talking on the phone and we first laid eyes on each other on September 2nd, 1998. She lived here in Houston and I was stationed in Jacksonville, FL at the time. We took turns travelling back and forth to be together for about a month or so before she dropped everything and moved to Florida to be with me. That alone is enough to tell you what an incredibly strong and brave woman she was. She moved to Florida and her only plan was for us to be together. The day we got to Florida, I went out on ship for 6 weeks. Amazingly, she was still there when I got back! That was when I truly knew that this beautiful woman really did love me with all of her heart.

A year later, we were married. She planned it all out while I was back aboard ship and as soon as I got back we had a beautiful wedding. To this day, she is still the most gorgeous bride that I have ever seen. I am an incredibly lucky man to have been able to spend nearly twenty years surrounded by her grace and wit. Of course, we had our ups and downs as every couple does, but we always put differences aside and cherished one another at the end of the day. We took care of one another and we supported one another. Most importantly, we deeply loved one another through all of life’s challenges.

I won’t go into the illnesses that plagued Tricia’s life. Those things never defined her. What defined her was her Faith in the face of those illnesses and challenges. Never have I seen another soul who could face such things with the grace and strength that Tricia made seem so effortless. Through pain and sickness, she worried more about what was going on with others. She was always there with love, support, advice, and anything else that she could offer. One thing that she taught me was perspective; that no matter how small a person thinks their challenges are in relation to another’s; if those things are important to you then they matter. Please, never get caught up in trying to compare your challenges to those of another. Face your challenges and try to help others with theirs.

Faith. Unwavering faith. That is something that Tricia had and anyone who knows her will agree with that. Never once did I hear her question why she had to endure the challenges that were put in her path. Instead, she believed that there was a purpose and that God had a plan for her. None of us can say what that plan was, but I believe that she was here to show us the true face of strength, of grace, and of faith. To make us all better people. I know that she did that for me. I owe a large part of who I am as a man to her. I only hope that I can find a way to carry on and honor her for the rest of my days.

Tricia, I love you, SweetHeart. I love you with all of my being. Rest now, my Love… We’ll see each other again.

That ia beautiful brother. I am choked up at the moment. God bless you bro.

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa

Perfect. Just as it is. You are speaking from the heart and I can feel the love in every word. Will be with you in heart and spirit, Dear Friend! Love you....(((((HUGS))))) :wub::wub::wub:

Sir Kadly

Tootle Wompin' Squonkaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2015
    Michiana

That was wonderful Brother, it's a beautiful tribute to Tricia. It brought a tear to my eye.

clnire

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2013
    Florida

Where is that box of tissues?

Beautiful Kaez. Perfect just the way it is. Wishing you the best today. Sending strength and love. Don't worry if you fall apart, I am sure you won't be the only one. You are in my thoughts and heart today. :wub:

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 1, 2014
    NC

Well said SweetPea!! You focused your eulogy solely on her as a person. I won't be there physically but I will be there spiritually. Along with Cathy, I'm sending you strength, hugs and love.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2014
    Corn 'n' Cows
    Hello cutie! How have you been?

Been keeping pretty well :wub: Can't believe how quickly this year has flown.

Trying to stay on top of the "every day". Don't be such a stranger, o.k.?

My Sweet, Sweet @Kaezziel - I never met Tricia, but with what you've written, I feel like I've known her all along :wub: Even though we can't be with you in person today, know that we are all with you in spirit, lifting and holding you up today and every day to follow. I pray God's grace and strength on you and yours, even more so today, and always :wub:

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 29, 2014
    Houston, TX, USA
    Thank you all so very much. Today will be a hard day, but it will be a beautiful one. I just wanted to drop by and check in with everyone for a moment... now I've got lots to do and in a few short hours I'll have to go to the funeral home. I'm sure I'll be using every bit of the strength that you all are lending me today... I can't even imagine how hard this is going to be. All my love to y'all! :wub:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread