Kawfee beanz, DIY and assorted Shenaniganery :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
A fun day for music :)

Here's what I've been listening to so far today:
Queen - Live Killers
Candy Dulfer - Live at the Montreaux
Jimmy Buffett - Feeding Frenzy
Janis Joplin - The Essential Janis Joplin

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Hope he ran away OUTside!

Never used to glue pads, so can't help there. But yeah, dumping the whole lot into a bucket may be the way, although I think I'd get a metal one, with lid, instead of plastic.
My plan is to put the rat and glue pad in the bucket, put the lid on it, and then spraying engine starter fluid into the bucket. The starter fluid contains ether and should allow me to dispatch the rat safely.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
My plan is to put the rat and glue pad in the bucket, put the lid on it, and then spraying engine starter fluid into the bucket. The starter fluid contains ether and should allow me to dispatch the rat safely.
A well placed shot with a bb or pellet gun would get the job done very quickly as well.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
A well placed shot with a bb or pellet gun would get the job done very quickly as well.
My daughter's manager suggested 22 caliber Bird Shot. I have that in my arsenal. Then again, I also have a pellet rifle. I will just have to wait and see if I can trap another one in a glue trap.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
If you can get one in the bucket, use just enough ether to put it to sleep. Give it a pink mohawk and it'll be shunned by the other rats, move away to start a punk band :)

Now playing: Pat Benatar - Greatest Hits :)

(I'm waiting on my DAP to come in, have some pretty random stuff loaded on my phone right now.)

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Sanity check

30740553_10212089470734187_8963265348901335492_n.jpg

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Well,i'm pretty well convinced i am cursed and will never take any more vacation time from work haha.Every time i take a few days off,and make any kind of plans,something always happens.4 years ago,i took a week off,and my father in law passed away,last year i took time off,and my wife had to have emergency surgery to get her appendix removed.Fast forward to this week,i took yesterday and today off,and guess what?The wife is in the hospital again,i just can't win haha.She went in yesterday morning and will be there until at least tommorow,as they have her on a 96 hour watch,but may hopefully let her out a bit early.She was getting really bad stomach pain,turns out she has a twisted bowel so they have her on a liquid diet hoping it will sort itself out so they don't have to do surgery,so hopefully it straightens out and she can come home without any more scars than she already has haha.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Hopefully it's the uni/multi-verse granting you time needed to deal with issues, and not that you're bad luck!!

:nun:
That would be a better way of looking at it,although i'm still not convinced haha.I had not even realized how it all falls that way until yesterday when my wife said "Are you f'ing psychic,every time" haha,then she pointed out how it always works that way,needless to say,she wasn't too happy haha.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I can see how she's not impressed! Hope she can straighten herself out without further intervention!

@b.m. I have the two of you on my prayer list.
Thanks.The surgeon that looked at her scans yesterday looked at them again today,and seems to think it isn't as bad as he initially thought.Yesterday he said her bowel was twisted,and could possibly straighten itself,but today he said it's not twisted,but has clamped itself shut,which he said is a sign of some sort of toxin in her body,and it shut down to keep the toxins from getting through.Now they are giving her different stuff through her iv to try and clear whatever it is out,and hopefully get everything back to how it should be.They are pretty confident that they can clear it up,as they said she may get to come home tomorrow,hopefully they are right.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Think of it as the man upstairs is letting you know ahead of time when you'll need to be off work.

Best wishes for your wife.

My headphones showed today. I charged them and am checking them out with the 2011 remastered Dark Side of the Moon -- gorgeous [emoji5]

(George Benson Weekend in LA and Grateful Dead From the Mars Hotel also sounded stellar)

Last edited:

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
@b.m. - hope things are better for you and your Lady Wife.....

@markfm - She's a Labradoodle-mix. Not papered, but her papa is mostly standard poodle, and her mama is a lab-mix.... Her name is "Jedi", in homage to SO's obsession with all things Star Wars :D

BDD is doing "o.k." with her; HRM won't have anything to do with her - go figure. Demon Spawn is still a bit touchy - I don't think he's digging that she's the "new kid on the block" (middle-child syndrome now)

Jedi's doing pretty well. We (and when I say "we", I really mean SO) are working on potty training. Did NOT know that SO had never had a puppy before :shock: We said "oops" However, Jedi is doing pretty well. Only a couple of small accidents in the house, and those have almost all been on potty pads.

The most hilarious thing is that she keeps grabbing EVERYTHING and taking it into her kennel. She's taken all of BDD's chewy bones and a couple of other toys and dragged them into the kennel - even though she can barely get her mouth around them :lol: :lol: :lol: It's quite a sight!

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Good luck on the potty training. Our 2-1/2 yo Maggie (the one that looks like a little version of Sidney) is still iffy, though her brother Bear was fine at a couple months.

(Maggie's kind of "special" [emoji5])

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Potty training - I go out with puppies (every time they wake up, start getting frisky, after meals, etc.) and watch. If you watch closely, they will give you a sign they are gonna go. Maybe subtle sign - at that point, right before they actually "do", I give it a name. I fell into peedee and poop. If you do this consistently, as they grow older they will do their business pretty much on command (when they do have to go). Very handy!

Tasha (hasn't had an accident inside in many years, so if she is outside) does her poopy dance - she runs in circles and back and forth until she goes. Geordi, if inside, gets squirrely - goofy frisky running around -take him out! NOW! Bingo!

Observe every nuisance, they will tell you.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
@b.m. - hope things are better for you and your Lady Wife.....
Thanks.She is home now,so i guess that's good news haha,i tried tell them they should keep her at least 1 more day for observation but they wouldn't listen haha.She has to go see the surgeon in 2 weeks though,to determine what action will be taken to correct the problem.They are hoping it fixes itself before then,but if not then the possibility of surgery will be likely.She has had more abdominal area problems than anyone i have ever met.She had her gall bladder removed around 10 years ago,Has severe acid reflux,gurt,and had her appendix removed last year,and now this.Her stomach is starting to look like a pin cushion from all the surgeries haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread