Kawfee beanz, DIY and assorted Shenaniganery :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atchafalaya

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2013
Central Texas
Good morning Krewe! :)
Good morning Lynn!!!
If they work for you stick with it. I have an rda I have used from 3 years ago. It works just fine and I love it. Used it yesterday in fact. It is a no name rda for like 5 bucks. It has nostalgia for me.
OMG I went to my site to order more tanks and it says discontinued!!! EGADS!!! When I get home I'll research it to see if they are available elsewhere.
Good morning everyone.
I was re-invited to the list. I'll try to check in as often as I can.
Hey Princess Dee!

Princessdee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2009
PA, USA

Atchafalaya

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2013
Central Texas
We use the memory above 256MB for a coupla virtual disks -- it really speeds up DBASE III. There's enough horsepower to also work on a Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheet and a WordPerfect document, it only takes a couple seconds to switch between tasks :D
Oh man!!!! I remember dbase 3 and word perfect and lotus 123. Those were the good ole days!!!

skullblade789

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2015
Waynesboro, PA
Good morning Lynn!!!

OMG I went to my site to order more tanks and it says discontinued!!! EGADS!!! When I get home I'll research it to see if they are available elsewhere.

Hey Princess Dee!
Seriously you guys need to stop making me laugh. My sides are splitting.

What types of tanks are they?

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
Unfortunately I'm stuck on tanks from 4 years ago! I need to find something newer and stick with it.

I have a bunch of EVODs, T3s and H2s I still use regularly. Bought a bunch more a few months ago for $1 for 5 of em, so I'm well stocked. Heck, they just work for me! I do have newer tanks I use too, but I still fall back on them all the time.

Princessdee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2009
PA, USA
I have a bunch of EVODs, T3s and H2s I still use regularly. Bought a bunch more a few months ago for $1 for 5 of em, so I'm well stocked. Heck, they just work for me! I do have newer tanks I use too, but I still fall back on them all the time.
Hubby loves his T2's. Won't use anything else. Bought him 100 several months ago. <shrug> Whatever works.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
My first PC was a Sage II. It's what Apple bought to develop the Lisa. Two 5-1/4" floppies, none of that fancy-pants hard disk stuff. It ran the USCD p operating system, had reasonable Fortran and Pascal compilers.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
LMAO of at the upgrade? Not being critical here and hindsight always 20/20, but did the people handing you the upgrade not tell you what you were getting into?

Iss mah own day-um fault. I didn't check the server (for some reason, I thought it was newer than what it was.)

Hey, they have an 80386, running Windows 3.1, a full 640MB of RAM - what more could you ask for?

Who the heck needs that much RAM??

We use the memory above 256MB for a coupla virtual disks -- it really speeds up DBASE III. There's enough horsepower to also work on a Lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheet and a WordPerfect document, it only takes a couple seconds to switch between tasks :D

SQUORT!

Princessdee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2009
PA, USA
Hi @Princessdee ! Don't think we have run across each other on this big forum. Pleased to meet ya! I recently joined the fun, but I know many of the other members.... Welcome back!
I remember your avatar, but don't think we've officially met.
Glad to meet ya :D

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
I worked as an intern at Detroit Diesel Allison my last two college summers. I was allowed access to a Compaq "Portable" PC. Weighed about 30lbs. Keyboard snapped into position to be the base. Two floppy drives (we don't need no stinkin' Hard Drive!) and a teensy CRT - I programmed Lotus spreadsheets to analyze data. AMAZING money for the time.....

Atchafalaya

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2013
Central Texas
Seriously you guys need to stop making me laugh. My sides are splitting.

What types of tanks are they?
ismoka bcc mega tank 1.8ohm
Maybe they are just out at my regular site. No time to search here from work. Uh.......at least without getting caught. :w00t:
I still have several 5 1/4 disks. You could put 5 words on those now I think. LOL, how far we have come.
I finally chunked all mine. I do however still have one of my dad's 1969 IBM mainframe disks. That thing is huge and weighs a ton!

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
ismoka bcc mega tank 1.8ohm
Maybe they are just out at my regular site. No time to search here from work. Uh.......at least without getting caught. :w00t:

I finally chunked all mine. I do however still have one of my dad's 1969 IBM mainframe disks. That thing is huge and weighs a ton!
The old disk packs were cool :) When I was at RPI for a couple years I did a summer job working at the computer center -- transitioning from an IBM 360 to a 3030.

The new 3030 data center was in the old Chapel. I was working in the basement punching twisted pairs in in the comms room when a thunderstorm came through. I got a jolt, lifted me and knocked me into the back wall (fortunately the room was only 6' wide). Turns out they hadn't connected the ground strap from the TELCO room floor (metal grid) to the main floor. D'oh :D

Atchafalaya

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2013
Central Texas
The old disk packs were cool :) When I was at RPI for a couple years I did a summer job working at the computer center -- transitioning from an IBM 360 to a 3030.

The new 3030 data center was in the old Chapel. I was working in the basement punching twisted pairs in in the comms room when a thunderstorm came through. I got a jolt, lifted me and knocked me into the back wall (fortunately the room was only 6' wide). Turns out they hadn't connected the ground strap from the TELCO room floor (metal grid) to the main floor. D'oh :D
OUCH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread