Kawfee beanz, DIY and assorted Shenaniganery :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelphyre

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
MS Gulf Coast/NOLA
@Kaezziel what a beautiful idea with the doves...I especially love that the one you hold represents her soul and you releasing it towards Heaven...I cried when I read that...just so beautiful! I know it is going to be such a touching, loving tribute to her...I will be there with you in spirit, as I'm sure we all will be.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
YAY!!! Apparently her mom and sisters managed to get the photos uploaded to the funeral home's webpage. You can find them on the left of the page where her obituary is from the link that I left earlier!!

Thank you, my Brother. And yes... yes she was.

I couldn't agree more. I mean, I know that I'm going to break down multiple times on Saturday... I do have a heart after all. ;)

I can guarantee that there will not be a dry eye left by the end... I haven't told y'all about the secret ending of the graveside ceremony yet. We will be releasing doves. There are three crates with doves. At the beginning, the handler will take a single dove and walk around everyone with it before handing it to me to hold. She will then release the first crate with 25 doves in it that represent the angels. They will fly up and circle above everyone as she releases the second crate which holds three doves representing the holy trinity. They will fly up and join the others. All will continue to circle until I release the single dove that represents Tricia's soul. When that dove joins the others, they will fly away off into the distance. (They are basically trained like homing pigeons and will return to their home.)

I know that, SweetHeart. Today was a better day than yesterday, but I know that I will live through cycles of good and bad days in the days/weeks/months/years to come. I am the man that I am because of her. She is a part of me. And I wouldn't have it any other way... thank you for reinforcing that in my mind! :wub:

That is true. Like David said earlier... those that don't understand don't matter. ;)

Just know that you are starting out with a much better diagnosis than we had going in to this. From the beginning, it wasn't truly believed that she would live more than a couple of years and she at least doubled their estimate. But I won't lie to you and tell you that things are going to be easy. Nothing is easy when cancer is involved... but you will have all of the support that you need. I'll PM you later with my number... I'm just a phone call away! :wub:

Check the funeral home's site again... her mom posted pics that I don't even have. (Spoiler, I'm even in some of them [emoji14] )

Thank you, my Brother! I have been fighting to stay strong, just to get through the preparations. But once the day comes, all will be prepared and all I have to do is speak from the heart and pay tribute to this wonderful woman who meant so much to me and many others. She has been an inspiration to me and to everyone who knew her. I was blessed for nearly 20 years in total, and I just want to make sure that everyone else knows how lucky I was. :wub:

You are absolutely right, Dear Sister! I am fully aware of just how lucky and blessed I have been. This amazing woman chose to share her life with me... I don't know what I ever did to deserve it, but she did. I know that you know how that feels, and I am so truly happy that you now have that in your life!! :wub:

Eloquent? [emoji14] I just know how to use an online thesaurus. [emoji38]
Seriously, though... I wrote and rewrote for hours and hours to get that just right. Through tears and sobs... I'm just happy that it seems that people are able to get a sense of her through those words.

Thank you, Bea. I truly appreciate you saying that. Everything that you have said about your son has rang through my heart, and I appreciate you sharing yours and his story with us. You have helped me more than you will ever know. :wub:

Oh, she LOVED horses. She had pretty much stopped riding when we met (though she did still have D.A. for quite a few years after we married). Not so much because she didn't want to ride, but D.A. was "retired", and life circumstances just didn't allow for us to have horses around. I do wish that I could have supported that passion for her, though...

Oh my goodness... I can't even imagine losing a child. Between you and Bea, I feel like I am fortunate to have had the years with my Bride that I had. I am definitely taking the advice of the two of you and from Diver as well... I know enough to know that everyone's experience is personal, but the pain is something that we all have in common. Nothing ever prepares us for this, and nothing but time truly lightens the ache in our hearts. :wub:

Oh, my Brother... I know that you do. And I am sorry that this is most likely bringing up your own painful memories. Thank you so much for being here and for fighting through it to help me with my own grief. I hold so much admiration for you right now... I just don't have the words. Much love to you, my Brother... much love...

You've arranged a beautiful, amazing tribute for Tricia, Kaez! I saw the pictures last night. Love was written all over each of them. Very happy to see you dear one!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
@Kaezziel what a beautiful idea with the doves...I especially love that the one you hold represents her soul and you releasing it towards Heaven...I cried when I read that...just so beautiful! I know it is going to be such a touching, loving tribute to her...I will be there with you in spirit, as I'm sure we all will be.

The doves set me over the edge at the beauty of their love for each other....:cry::wub:

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
@Kaezziel this little poem was sent to me a few years after my son died. I love it and I thought I'd share it with you and @oldbroad, @Diver9543 and anyone else here who lost someone really close.

View attachment 679493

Beautiful poem! Thank you, Bea!! :wub::wub:

OMG, I teared up just reading this.... Beautiful, just beautiful Wish I could be there to witness it. What a tribute! :wub:

Tell me about it. I tear up every time I think about it... I'm sure that I'll cry my eyes out when we actually do it.

Isn't it, though? When they offered that as a service, there was no way that we couldn't do it! And don't worry, Love... I'll be carrying each and every one of you with me. :wub:

You've arranged a beautiful, amazing tribute for Tricia, Kaez! I saw the pictures last night. Love was written all over each of them. Very happy to see you dear one!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Thank you, Kenna. I saw your comment in the guest book, along with a few others here. I appreciate y'all going through this with me! :wub:

The doves set me over the edge at the beauty of their love for each other....:cry::wub:

:wub: They've set me over the edge several times...

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

skullblade789

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2015
Waynesboro, PA
Just checking in this morning and wanted to share the link to Tricia's page at the funeral home. The visit with the God-Kids went well and was very cathartic. They want me to stay in their lives and I will absolutely do that! Love those little rascals sooooo much!! :wub:

Thank you all again... I don't think that I could get through this without all of the love and support that you have all been giving me through the years. Y'all are the absolute best and I love you all so dearly!

Here is the link to Tricia's service info and the obituary that I wrote for her:
Patricia Ruth Russell 03.31.1970-08.13.2017

Much Love,
Daniel

Absolutely beautiful writing for her.

skullblade789

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2015
Waynesboro, PA
Well, my Mama and Dad made it in this morning, and we've been catching up and taking care of a few things. Dropped my suit off at the dry cleaners, went and picked up a few new shirts and ties (because I'm indecisive and couldn't pick just one). Now we're back home for the evening. Finally I can spend a second or two and catch back up with y'all. :wub:

Thank you, Love! Yeah, apparently I'm their favorite "Uncle". LOL
She was beautiful... I'll have to do some digging later on and post more photos of her/us. I miss her so much already...
Love you too, Kathy! :wub:

Thank you, Sweets! I worked hard on it and rewrote sections for about six hours... all in all, I'm pretty happy with how it all came out.
Love you right back!!! :wub:

And be sure to let me know if you need ANYTHING!! I'm here if you have any issues, questions, or just need someone to listen who has been there. :wub::wub::wub::wub:

Thank you, Love. She truly was, and she was definitely my inspiration in writing that. I just wanted to do my best to do her justice. :wub:

I talked to her on Monday. I'll probably call her back in the next day or so to have a better conversation. She was a bit busy when I called the other day. She sounded good, though, so I'm hopeful that all is well with her. Definitely keeping her in prayer, though!

Thank you, Cathy!! I just hope that I can manage to write a decent eulogy and make it through it without falling apart at the service...

Thank you, Angel! She is definitely a special angel. I have no doubt that she is standing over my shoulder right now watching over me. :wub:
Much love right back at ya! :wub:

The thing about crying or losing it. Do not worry there will be people to catch you there. You do you boo!

Now as for you Kind Sir. I have no doubt you will stand proud at the altar and share her life story with everyone. You are a very strong person and will forever be strong! You can do anything you put your mind to. Yes there will be tears, but let it be tears of joy in the celebration of her life, before the events that transpired. Let it be tears of remembrance of the smile on her bright and shining face. Let it be the remembrance of her and your lives together as one soul. Let it be said and known that you are the rock that she held tight too, you are still that rock and she needs you for that one last time. She needs you to tell the story of here life in only the way you can. I know without a shadow of a doubt that you can pull this off. You are and will forever be her rock. Yes she is there holding you up and will be there in your time of need. Just keep in mind you are celebrating a life that was full of meaning and passion. I know you got this brother!

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
The thing about crying or losing it. Do not worry there will be people to catch you there. You do you boo!

Now as for you Kind Sir. I have no doubt you will stand proud at the altar and share her life story with everyone. You are a very strong person and will forever be strong! You can do anything you put your mind to. Yes there will be tears, but let it be tears of joy in the celebration of her life, before the events that transpired. Let it be tears of remembrance of the smile on her bright and shining face. Let it be the remembrance of her and your lives together as one soul. Let it be said and known that you are the rock that she held tight too, you are still that rock and she needs you for that one last time. She needs you to tell the story of here life in only the way you can. I know without a shadow of a doubt that you can pull this off. You are and will forever be her rock. Yes she is there holding you up and will be there in your time of need. Just keep in mind you are celebrating a life that was full of meaning and passion. I know you got this brother!
We need a LOVE button for this post. Very eloquently said brother skull. :wub:

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA

Thank you, my Brother! Your words of comfort and encouragement touched me more than you know. :wub:

skullblade789

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2015
Waynesboro, PA
Thank you, my Brother! Your words of comfort and encouragement touched me more than you know. :wub:

I told you I would be here for you brother. Every step, every day, I am going to check on you. You need a swift fish to the face, I am your man! No go out there and celebrate that life!!!!!

Last edited:

skullblade789

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2015
Waynesboro, PA
It would be nice if you showed up more often to share those moments! I miss YOU!!

I know, I know. I have been lacking a lot lately. Life is confusing as hell at the moment. (Not trying to take the spotlight at all here. The focus is definitely on Kaz!!!) Just navy paperwork again and it is driving me completely nuts. I am getting jerked around and people are not communicating with me so I have to take matters into my own hands and when I do I get yelled at for taking care of my career. It is absolutely frustrating.

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
I know, I know. I have been lacking a lot lately. Life is confusing as hell at the moment. (Not trying to take the spotlight at all here. The focus is definitely on Kaz!!!) Just navy paperwork again and it is driving me completely nuts. I am getting jerked around and people are not communicating with me so I have to take matters into my own hands and when I do I get yelled at for taking care of my career. It is absolutely frustrating.

Not that I don't appreciate you being here for me, Brother, but you need to take care of you, too. I'm gonna be alright and I'm gonna get through this. That, I absolutely promise. We're gonna share a beer and a vape at some point. We'll b*$@& about squid life, and we'll commiserate together. This is just another beginning... definitely not the end of anything!

skullblade789

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2015
Waynesboro, PA
Not that I don't appreciate you being here for me, Brother, but you need to take care of you, too. I'm gonna be alright and I'm gonna get through this. That, I absolutely promise. We're gonna share a beer and a vape at some point. We'll b*$@& about squid life, and we'll commiserate together. This is just another beginning... definitely not the end of anything!
I can only take it in the steps they allow me to take. Right now it is the "Hurry up and $%#!!!!!! wait" portion of the evolution. I just wish communication was better. Trust me I got time to help a brother out here. I am going to do exactly that as well. I take care of sailors in or out! It is what I do man! There is a special bond for Navy people that I have. I help where I can and when I can.

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Just thought I'd share a few of my favorite pics from the gallery.
Wedding 001.jpg
Wedding 002.jpg
Tricia Cooking 001.jpg
Tricia Cooking 002.jpg
Tricia Me and Macey.jpg
Tricia and Me.jpg

Kaezziel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
I can only take it in the steps they allow me to take. Right now it is the "Hurry up and $%#!!!!!! wait" portion of the evolution. I just wish communication was better. Trust me I got time to help a brother out here. I am going to do exactly that as well. I take care of sailors in or out! It is what I do man! There is a special bond for Navy people that I have. I help where I can and when I can.

All too familiar with "Hurry up and wait"... that and standing in line... LoL!
But, same here, Brother. Anything you need, any time... you just let me know!

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread