Kayfun 4 problem detected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabolee

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2015
Philadelphia
I bought a tobeco Kayfun 4 a few months ago, and loved it for about a week. Unfortunately it's been giving me nothing but grief since then. It overheats like crazy. It leaks both out of the airholes and the seams (regardless of how I put the o-rings in). The resistance jumps all over the place. And no matter what mod I put it on, it can't decide whether it's in TC or kanthal mode. After a few weeks of tinkering, I shelved it.

Today I got some new juice and I figured I would try it out in that tank. I don't know how I didn't notice before, but when the juice control is off, it jiggles a lot. Normally I'll take a few extra puffs when I close it off to try and prevent excess leaking. Today I realized that this is when the resistance jumps around, and when it switches to TC mode. I started to think this could be creating a short of some kind. Have any of you noticed issues like this in the tobeco clone? If so, can you point me in the direction of fixing it, or should I just shell out $25 and get a new one?

Devlinukr

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2015
When I started vaping earlier in the year I got a KF4 from GearBest and while it lasted it was a really nice vape.

The threads on it seized up on a regular basis and now it's basically junked. I don't trust it enough to use it on anything because the ohms jump around like crazy and the base is like one of those wobbly hula girl dolls they used to have on car dashboards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread