Kayfun lite issues please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saleen121212

Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
United States
Just got a kayfun lite yesterday for 130 dollars. It's beautiful and I want it to work. I've rebuilt it 5 times so far. I consider myself pretty decent at Rbas and everyone calls kfuns the easiest... I don't understand. I'm getting dry hits with every build and some times hot legs as well. Maybe I'm messing the coil up while capturing the legs? Idk.

About my build. I've use 2mm Ekowool the same way Todd does with 28 Kanthal 3 or 4 wraps diagonal wick put it through the cylinder and cut excess of them gently tuck them down in the bottom. Fill from bottom. First 2 hits meh. Rest are terrible. Even when I plug the whole and suck it doesn't bubble air out or pull juice in. Maybe the channels are messed up? I heard covering the air hole would make it a juice straw...

I've also tried 3mm silica with 32 gauge which came out at a ridiculous 2.8 resistance which I tried at 10 watts all the way to 15 watts and same story. Taste of burning crap that's disgusting to inhale.

Please let me know if there are solutions or ideas to similar problems and I appreciate any help.

Thank you!

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
I am using 2mm ekowool with no issues..

Sounds like you either have the juice chamber plugged up with the wick or the coil is wrapped to tight against the ekowool...

Also, and as a side note, I have found that when I 1st build using ekowool that it takes a little bit of time for the coil and wick to start behaving normally.

After a fresh build I get several bad hits before the juice starts flowing correctly..

Lastly, make sure you are not tucking the wick legs in to tight as that will plug up the juice flow. The wick should lightly rest on top of / over the top the juice chambers..

Saleen121212

Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
United States
Channel is not blocked... I just checked and the wire def isnt to tight around the wick if anything it keeps becoming to lose and causing hot legs. Also when I plugged the air hole and took a long hard draw shouldnt that have flooded the chimney if it was working properly. I am scared the channels are messed up some how.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Are you putting a few drops of juice on the wick and coil before putting the top on the chamber? I find that they need a little priming to get a good wicking action started. Also, it helps to wait a few minutes after filling, before starting to vape.
I use cotton wicks and micro coils in mine; and I generally wait a half hour or so before vaping.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
the way i test the build is to screw on the chamber, soak the wick good and put the chimney on and assemble, then take a few drags without filing just to see how the vapor/coil is working, makes it easier to tear down if somethings wrong.

I dont use the wool but i use 3mm silica doubled over with i think 4 wraps of 32g for right around 2 ohms. so far even when the channels are covered in excessive wick i get great results.
The best way to get it started wicking is not to fill it all the way up first time. a bigger air pocket breaks the initial suction lock.
can you post a pic of your build?

Last edited:

curisu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2013
San Francisco
Got a picture of your setup handy?

My build is 2.0 or 2.5 ekowool, single stranded. Ekowool shreads which is fine with me as I find it wicks better in the KFL that way - less of a solid weave blocking the fill port and more of a mop. In fact, i'd say about half of the strand/mop is level with the deck, the other half dipping down to touch/rest on the fill port floor.

I also wrap 30g kanthal in a 4/5 wrap pretty tightly, netting me typically 1.2-1.3 ohms.

I've only run 50/50 through it, so no idea if your juice will work as well.

This has been 100% successful for me from my first wick to all 3 of my current KFL setups. The only atomizer that delivers better/richer flavor (in my limited experience) are my drippers.

Saleen121212

Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
United States
Well I just redid it again with 2mm silica in a figure 8 with 6 wraps of 28 gauge which came out around 1.1 ohms and I replaced the oring at the top where the chimney goes in the top cap. Its working really good now... fingers crossed. I soaked the hell out of the wick before putting it together and I filled it from the top instead of the bottom. Thanks to everyone for the help and I hope it keeps working cause it looks literally fantastic on the nemesis. Cant wait to get my ghost modder drip tip to be the cherry on top!

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
Well I just redid it again with 2mm silica in a figure 8 with 6 wraps of 28 gauge which came out around 1.1 ohms and I replaced the oring at the top where the chimney goes in the top cap. Its working really good now... fingers crossed. I soaked the hell out of the wick before putting it together and I filled it from the top instead of the bottom. Thanks to everyone for the help and I hope it keeps working cause it looks literally fantastic on the nemesis. Cant wait to get my ghost modder drip tip to be the cherry on top!
Still kickin???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread