Kayfun Lite Oring Kit and HCigar 3.1 clone compatibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
Well after getting tired of not finding any oring kits or replacement screws for my hcigar 3.1ES clone in stock, I decided to take the plunge and get the Kayfun Lite Plus oring kit from Vaperev and see how much of it was usable.

I'm happy to say most of it.

The post screws are compatible so if you need post screws this may be the most cost effective way of getting replacements short of custom ordering them.

All of the o-rings are also compatible with the exception of the fill screw o-rings since the 3.1ES does not have a fill screw arrangement.

The pieces that are not compatible are:
The airflow control screw, it is much smaller than the HCigar
The two Refill screws (The 3.1ES does not employ bottom filling)
The two refill screw orings (The 3.1ES does not employ bottom filling).

How ever I was happy to find that the tank o-rings, and more importantly the chimney to top piece o-ring works.

The o-ring kit did NOT include the 510 connector screw nor did it include the Drip Dip or Drip Tip Adapter o-rings.

I bought two kits from Vaperev when they were in stock. Of course the shipping was more than the o-rings, but it's nice to have spares just in case I blow an o-ring or lose a deck screw.

I don't run my coils over 9 watts so hopefully I won't need insulators anytime soon.

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
Good to know the kits work on other devices. Wish there were other U.S. sources for the items though because I found that vendor to be rather slow and pricey on shipping a part recently. I don't mind waiting if I only get first class postage, but a week for FedEx seemed a bit much.

Agree with you, but unless you are going to buy a ton from cloud 9 vapor in the UK, you are kind of stuck with Vaperev. The British Pound to US Dollar exchange rate alone is brutal. Or you can scour the internet, or buy another clone as a "part" device...

I tried to order from the SvoeMesto site in Germany, but they don't ship to the US.

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
How true and I hate to feel "cornered" with only one fairly reasonably priced source. I thought I hit pay dirt when I was on the SvoeMesto site until I finally was able to figure out they didn't ship to the U.S. -- lol.
I've been watching posts and trying to keep track of the correct O-ring sizes and when I have all of the sizes I plan on buying them. Then all I really will need will be the insulator sets. Those I don't think I'll find anywhere but a vendor.
Didn't mean to introduce a sour note to your thread, p.opus......

ancientgeek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread