Kayfun Lite Plus And Leaking/Flooding

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdtyler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
Omaha, NE
if you ever feel like trying something else other then cotton, which is like the best, hemp fibers are awesome. been using the hemp for a couple months and it has replaced cotton as my #1 wicking material. it wicks better and provides a better flavor then cotton imo. it does however take some prep, like boiling and such but is well worth it. also last time I checked is only available in a kilo size which is pretty big and would last a life time, but it is really cheap.

Can you provide a link for the source?

tdtyler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
Omaha, NE
if you ever feel like trying something else other then cotton, which is like the best, hemp fibers are awesome. been using the hemp for a couple months and it has replaced cotton as my #1 wicking material. it wicks better and provides a better flavor then cotton imo. it does however take some prep, like boiling and such but is well worth it. also last time I checked is only available in a kilo size which is pretty big and would last a life time, but it is really cheap.

I've looked around and can't find a source. Any chance for a link or a point to the source?

For the hemp fibers...

Last edited:

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
I wonder what method they've used for degumming.
Not a clue. I got mine in a ECF co-op last year, along with at least 30 others... and as far as I know, Hemp Traders is where it came from. Personally, it doesn't suit my tastes... but there are plenty of folks that think it's terrific.

tdtyler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
Omaha, NE
Not a clue. I got mine in a ECF co-op last year, along with at least 30 others... and as far as I know, Hemp Traders is where it came from. Personally, it doesn't suit my tastes... but there are plenty of folks that think it's terrific.

Hmmmm... Did it impart flavor when used? Did it wick properly?

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Thank you, sir!

(I assume the photo(avatar) is of you, or a close relative? [grin])

Hmmmm... Did it impart flavor when used? Did it wick properly?
You're welcome TD.

Nikola Tesla. (no relation, although... we do share a fondness for things enigmatic ;) )

It does impart a flavor to me - I've not used it in a few months, so can't really be more specific.

Want some? Mail me a self-addressed, stamped envelope, and I'll send you 4-5 grams.

tdtyler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
Omaha, NE
You're welcome TD.

Nikola Tesla. (no relation, although... we do share a fondness for things enigmatic ;) )

It does impart a flavor to me - I've not used it in a few months, so can't really be more specific.

Want some? Mail me a self-addressed, stamped envelope, and I'll send you 4-5 grams.

Heading to PM now... :)

Tim

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Has anyone had a Kayfun that is just bad? I did everything that was suggested here and it still leaks like crazy. This is not my first one. Actually it is #4 so I am not a complete novice. It is a clone if that matters. Have spent all day on this and finally just gave up.
If it has an air leak, and by that I mean a leak most likely from an o-ring sealed joint... then until you find it, it will always leak.
Lots of opportunities... 4 tank o-rings, 1 chimney o-ring and (maybe) 1 filler screw o-ring (or issue with screw seating surface or screw, if no o-ring).

Hell... could be just straight up bad machining.

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
I changed every o ring there was and put some plumbers tape on the fill screw cause i saw it was leaking there too. It has to be the machining. I have not had one do this at all until now. May have to call out to the store I got it from and see if they will replace it. The liquid just runs out of it. My othere 3 dont do this at all. Especially after I figured out what I was doing wrong. lol

folkphys

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Chapel Hill, NC
I changed every o ring there was and put some plumbers tape on the fill screw cause i saw it was leaking there too. It has to be the machining. I have not had one do this at all until now. May have to call out to the store I got it from and see if they will replace it. The liquid just runs out of it. My othere 3 dont do this at all. Especially after I figured out what I was doing wrong. lol

Do you have an o-ring between the chimney sleeve and cap? If not, try slapping one in there. If those threads aren't nice and tight, you might have a decent juice leak between the tank and the atomizing chamber. Some clones have been shipped with these seemingly unnecessary o-rings installed.

JimzDogz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
Pensacola, Florida, USA
Is cotton the only recommended wick material to use in these?

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ck-better-flow-flavor-saturation-nic-hit.html
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/atomizer-mods/558312-just-ramie.html

Here is a couple of threads that might interest you. I have used hemp for several months, ramie top for about a month and just started sampling Cellucotton (Rayon). All have there merit, but so far the cellucotton seems to have flavor rendition equal to ramie and better than hemp. The vapor production is slightly better with cellucotton. But the biggest factor is cellucotton resist scourching better that anything except maybe silica. That means fewer changes of the wicking material needed. :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread