Refilling Kayfun Lite (Fasttech) from bottom

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I turn the device upside down and unscrew the fill hole and start filling I notice juice starts dripping down the mouth piece.
Everything is tight and secure, except the fill hole screw.

If I block the mouth piece with my fingers then the juice does not get sucked in through the fill hole.

All the o-rings are there.

How am I supposed to fill this thing? It leaks with top fill and leaks with bottom fill :).

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
If it is the $14 KFL on Fasttech, then pull the drip tip off and look down inside the cap and see if the top cap o-ring got pinched and is sticking out into the tube.....my guess is that it is.

I have two of them and they both did this when they were new. For the first couple of builds, I always had to check and make sure the o-ring seated correctly, and sometimes it took several tries before it did. After using it for awhile, it's no longer been a problem, but out of habit, I always check after a build.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Hold on a Sec. - as in slow down. I have 4 of the Lites(FT)

When filling:
Remove drip tip(lazy way) and sit Kayfun on Table/counter upside down
Remove Fill Screw and verify you have the seal on the screw.
Using ANY, Syringe, needle tip bottle, narrow tip bottle or regular dropper bottle - Place into/over opening.

SLOWLY inject e-liquid into tank - SLOWLY
Allow AIR to be expelled from Tank
* Air will be pushed out through the Coil Chimney and out the Air channel or top.
Continue filling SLOWLY until about 90% full.
Leave a good sized bubble in the Tank. This sets negative pressure and also is the air(NOT liquid) Surrounding the chimney Channels until you flip the Kayfun upright.

If you fast fill, you force e-liquid out with expelled air.
If you over fill you force e-liquid out.

If a little gets out, fold upside down and blow through the Air Channel Wipe top off with a tissue.

Good Luck

wootze

vaping the bone.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2011
Winston Salem, NC
I have been filling my svoe mestos from the top for months. If it (rarely) leaks out the air hole, I raise the amps and vape some and the problem goes away.
I think it helps to have a fat cotton wick. Impedes the juice from getting to the air hole.

Not entirely off topic, I hope.

Last edited:
OK. So I tried the following as suggested.

#1 Took the drip tip off and filled very SLOWLY from the bottom. Juice still drips through top hole. Don't have a syringe so I am essentially dropping one drop at a time with a dropper. Not sure how slower can this go. I lost a good 12 drops or so of juice by the time I filled the tank 40% of the way. I am sure if I fill 90%, I will probably loose half of the juice.

#2 Added more cotton to make the normal/slim size wick fatter.

#3 All o-rings are fine, nothing is pinched.

Is it the juice in the chimney that is flowing out when it's upside down? In that case, why is there so much juice in the chimney chamber?

I am honestly quite baffled at how other folks are running these kayfuns without leaks. I have tried all sorts of things in the last month, if finds a way to leak from "somewhere".

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread