The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Kayfun v3 mini build advice?

Discussion in 'Coil Builds' started by snkrumble, Jun 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. snkrumble

snkrumble Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 4, 2015
    Port Huron, MI, USA
    I have 24GA and 26ga wire any advice on how many wraps and diameter of coil? Currently using 80pg juice in my boulder pods and would like to use that in my kayfun. Just looking for some advice even if I have to pick up different wire etc.

2. AstroTurf

AstroTurf Happy to be... Not Smoking!!! Verified Member ECF Veteran

28g wire, 5 to 7 wraps on a 2.5 mm bit... Vaping Heaven!!!

• Like Like x 7
  3. tazzle

tazzle Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 5, 2014
    Athens, Greece
    I do mine the same as AstroTurf.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Pinggolfer

Pinggolfer Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

What ohms do you get?

• Like Like x 1
  5. snkrumble

snkrumble Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 4, 2015
    Port Huron, MI, USA
    Gotta say was not happy at all with 24 and 26ga wire. I was thinking 28 would make zero difference in this kayfun for me. So far love it this wire works so much better in this rta. Thanks folks works like a champ with my hangda ry4 taste amazing also.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Klatuso

Klatuso Full Member

Jul 9, 2013
    Albuquerque, NM, USA
    This is a rather old thread, but I have searched the forums and found no answer to a rather specific question. I just got the Kayfun Mini V3 for my Dicodes Tiny thinking it would be the perfect combo for a 1.5 build. I bought the Dicodes Tiny for the Svoemesto. I am a big fan of MTL hits. But I'm having a heck of a time building a 1.5 Ohm coil. I have 24, 28, and 30 gauge Kanthal A1 wire and even bought the Master Coil kit. I can't get the Ohms right, and don't even get me started with attempting the right amount and cut for the cotton. I'm hoping for a basic instruction on coil build and cotton amount. Closest I've gotten so far is 1.9 Ohms with a bit of gurgling even when I tighten up the juice flow. I have watched just about every video on youtube, but all those are guys building sub Ohm coils for the wide open air flow and limited lung hits (not my thing). I have a separate sub ohm set up for those moments when I feel like sucking on an exhaust pipe. LOL!

So, using a 25 or 30 mm bit, which gauge coil and how many wraps can get me to my sweet spot of 1.5? I have tried the Steam-Engine.com site and still cannot come up with the write Ohms. Maybe my process is wrong. If anyone with some more experience can help, I'm a real noobie at this coil building. Mainly I have been using a Nautilus BVC mini on the Dicodes and am getting better results. But I want to make the Svoe work because I know it is such a quality product and I don't want to give up on something I spent a ton of money on. Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Hola,
    28awg, 7/8 wrap on 2.5mm should just about be dead on 1.5Ω.
    However, since you have a regulated device, resistance is mostly irrelevant.
    Get it close (1.2Ω-1.8Ω range) and adjust your device to provide the proper vape.

cheers
    I

• Like Like x 1
  8. Klatuso

Klatuso Full Member

Jul 9, 2013
    Albuquerque, NM, USA
    Thank you! So now I'm thinking it's the amount of cotton. Also, I'll try raising the coil at least 2 mm over the air hole. Perhaps I'm using too much or not enough cotton, and being close to the air hole could be the cause of this darned gurgling which is driving me crazy.

• Like Like x 2
  9. jaba62

jaba62 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2014
    New Jersey USA
    sounds like not enough cotton, the coil should be as close to the hole as possible without touching, that's how i do my KF. does it leak at all?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Klatuso

Klatuso Full Member

Jul 9, 2013
    Albuquerque, NM, USA
    Nope. Gurgled a bit when I made the draw a bit too tight but went away when I opened up the air a bit.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Klatuso

Klatuso Full Member

Jul 9, 2013
    Albuquerque, NM, USA
    I think it had something to do with the 510 center screw. It wasn't connecting to the 510 pin well. backed the center screw off a bit and then got the right Ohms immediately. Fussy little center screw.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Klatuso

Klatuso Full Member

Jul 9, 2013
    Albuquerque, NM, USA
    A brief udate. I took apart the entire assembly and found out the center post (#6 on kayfun diagrams) was broken off, hence the crazy Ohm readings. Origin vape apologized and sent me a new center post free. Now I am getting accurate Ohm readings and happily enjoying my Kayfun Mini v3 No problems. Thank you Origin Vape!

• Like Like x 3
  13. AstroTurf

AstroTurf Happy to be... Not Smoking!!! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Kewl!!!

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.