• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Kayfun v4 clone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
I just decided to go with the eleaf lemo. After alot of reading, I can't trust clones. The lemo has RAVING reviews

For a single coil device you can't go wrong with the Lemo. It will be a nice match to your IPV mini.

I'm not sure either how good the Kayfun V4 will be with 49 different parts. My other choice would have been a good Taifun GT 2 clone. If you buy a good quality clone sometimes they are better than the originals. The problem is both these devices have just been released so not many people have one in their hands to review yet. Wait a few months..

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
I just decided to go with the eleaf lemo. After alot of reading, I can't trust clones. The lemo has RAVING reviews

I just ordered this Atomizer clone from FT. I believe it to be a newer version of the TaiFun.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/2050300

By the look of it, the description, and the discussions regarding it, I think it's gonna be great!

Most likely better than the Kayfun V4 clone on FT, which I have a strong suspicion is gonna be a gigantic flop. And sadly it's on the way to my house.

Oh well, not then end of the world.

Last edited:

nwasiq

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2014
Cheonan
I just ordered this Atomizer clone from FT. I believe it to be a newer version of the TaiFun.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/2050300

By the look of it, the description, and the discussions regarding it, I think it's gonna be great!

Most likely better than the Kayfun V4 clone on FT, which I have a strong suspicion is gonna be a gigantic flop. And sadly it's on the way to my house.

Oh well, not then end of the world.

Why don't you get the lemo? The last time I saw a tank with such positive reviews was the nautilus mini and it's just 28 dollars

Major911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Grand Island, FL, USA
OK so I received the 1:1 kayfun v4 clone today (not the Tobeco one) I think it's from more tiger or something like that. All parts seem high quality did have a fair amount of machine oil so after giving it a bath and cleaning it it I quickly built a 1.5 ohm coil and wicked and juiced. put it on the device opened all the flows and Ohms were reading some ridiculous number like 7. something. checked all the connection were tight tried again same thing erroneous resistance readings. built another coil recheck all connections seemed fine till I got it all back together and put on another device. Same thing readings are all over the place when I mess with the juice flow control things seem to change. I'm suspecting the spring is the culprit in the base that allows opening and closing of the juice well. clearly it is part of the conductor system. I'm at a loss for tonight and rather frustrated. Good thing I only spent $30 instead of $180 or I would be livid. Might try to find another spring tomorrow and see if it makes a difference. If anyone else knows anything about these issues I'd love to hear from you.

Major911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Grand Island, FL, USA
Yeah I've read the spring is the problem. Especially with low ohm coils. People have actually been ordering the authentic spare part kits from Svoemesto directly.

Where did you read this cause I haven't found anything on it. It's not a low ohm build I've tried a standard 1.5ohm. Ordered the original parts kit for the new spring trying to salvage this thing.

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
It's come up quite a few times in the different forums. Many are saying that the spring does play a role in conductivity and when the juice control is fully opened it puts too much pressure on the it causing a fluctuation in resistance. Sorry I can't be any more help, but I believe if you change out the spring you'll have it sorted.

Last edited:

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
It's come up quite a few times in the different forums. Many are saying that the spring does play a role in conductivity and when the juice control is fully opened it puts too much pressure on the it causing a fluctuation in resistance. Sorry I can't be any more help, but I believe if you change out the spring you'll have it sorted.

Curious to know which "many forums" this conductivity regarding the spring issue "plays a role in the resistance."

Links would be much appreciated.

Thank you...

Major911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Grand Island, FL, USA

Well after totally deforming the spring that came in it trying to remedy the problem I ordered the original kayfun accessory kit with another spring along with rings, screws, etc.... Only then did i discover the extra spring in the little goody bag that came with it...Doh! It appeared to be a little better than the first one so i decided to give it one more try with the new spring and Voila! works like a charm. The resistance does change when you close the juice flow control but once you reopen it, the resistance returns to normal. Validating my theory that this spring is part of the conduction process. Not what I consider to be the most ideal setup but it's working right now and does provide a very satisfying vape.

pocariboy73

Nov 6, 2014
Well after totally deforming the spring that came in it trying to remedy the problem I ordered the original kayfun accessory kit with another spring along with rings, screws, etc.... Only then did i discover the extra spring in the little goody bag that came with it...Doh! It appeared to be a little better than the first one so i decided to give it one more try with the new spring and Voila! works like a charm. The resistance does change when you close the juice flow control but once you reopen it, the resistance returns to normal. Validating my theory that this spring is part of the conduction process. Not what I consider to be the most ideal setup but it's working right now and does provide a very satisfying vape.

That's GREAT news! I just might have to do the same. Did you order your Kayfun clone from FastTech? If so, was it version A, B, or C?

Thanks....

raitizz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Riga, Latvia
Good thing I only spent $30 instead of $180 or I would be livid.

There is no such problem with the original. Regulate the juice, remove the atty, put it on again, do what you will, the Ohms are spot on how you built it. That, for example, is not the case with a BVC clearo.

R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread