Kayfun vs Kanger Protank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

curious8

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 27, 2013
San Anselmo, CA, USA
I'm super happy with my ProTank2 atop my amazing ProVari - using now for over 1 year of being sickorette free. Just read that PBusardo's choice, if he only had one, would be a ProVari with a kayfun rta. So my question is, what's the difference between the kayfun RTA and the Kanger ProTank2? I'm not at all interested in tinkering with rebuilding anything. One of the things that I love about the PT2 is that the coil heads are relatively cheap and I chose to wash them a few times and/or just replace with a new head. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
I used to use protanks, but have switched pretty much exclusively to kayfuns (I use a dripper sometimes, usually just for tasting juice).

The Kayfun gives much better taste than a protank IMO (even a rebuilt protank). The coils are much easier to dry burn and rewick than protank coils are, and when you dry burn a rewick you are pretty much back to fresh and new, whereas a protank coil is never quite as good as new after being cleaned (again, IMO). Additionally, you can dry burn a built coil many many more times than a stock protank coil. I think I'm on my 15th or so dry burn/rewick of my current coil. It's still performing perfectly, so no need to build a new one yet. Eventually mine tend to get. Got spot, and then I will build a new one. Building coils is substantially cheaper than buying, even though protank coils are affordable.

I'm not one who gets into crazy building. I build what I think of as utility coils. Just a standard compressed coil with some Japanese cotton. It takes very little time, and as I said before, lasts a very very long time. So, you don't really have to like to 'tinker' to enjoy a Kayfun. There will be some tinkering as you learn, but once you get it down you don't have to tinker.

All in all, I much prefer the taste and ease of a Kayfun to a protank.

curious8

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 27, 2013
San Anselmo, CA, USA
If you don't want to tinker and rebuild, then a Kayfun is out. Don't understand what you are asking. It would definitely be a Kayfun Lite if I could only have one tank.

Hi wheelie - I have a lot of respect for PBusardo and so was curious as to what the Kayfun is. I googled a little but only got lots of technical (and long) hits vs. any simple, straight forward info - therefore my posting of the question. Thanks for your straightforward and brief response ...

curious8

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 27, 2013
San Anselmo, CA, USA
Hi Spazmelda (love your name) - Truth is, I love the taste I get with my PT2 and have been very fortunate in that I never get gurgling and only a teeny bit of leakage on rare occasions. I also have a condition that makes my hands shake, so fine motor work is fairly difficult for me. But even I can easily change out a head - super easy. From your description, I think a Kayfun would be more than I can handle, even if a superior product. Thanks for all the clear and concise info - much appreciated.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
seriously curious8 ... building a single coil on a Kayfun is very easy. The very first one I did, took less than 10 minutes ... it worked so well, I still build them all the same.

I also agree with Phil ... a Provari topped with a Kayfun is my perfect vape.

mods.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread