Status
Not open for further replies.

always9988

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Hicktown, OH
I bought the kbox mod on sale a few weeks ago for a really good price. I am liking it so far but am having a few issues. While this mod works great with the subtank (obviously) I'm finding none of my rda's have long enough threads. The threads on the subtank are longer than any rda I own, and despite the floating pin in the mod they won't connect or fire. (All are at least .5ohms)

Has anyone else had this issue or can advise how to fix it? I know it was cheap but I'd like to be able to use it for more than just one thing

Bill Schur

Jan 6, 2015
Antioch, IL, USA
I had the same issue using a Tobh atty on the Kbox the first time I tried it. I got a ton of misfires and no matter how far I got that 510 down it still wouldn't fire 100%,
I had noticed though that messing with the 510 messed with my center post and that could have messed with the coils, thus resulting in no fires.

All of this is speculation but I wish I had a solution to help.:(

rks1949

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Lawrenceville,Illinois
I've got one coming today,so I will check it out,since that's what I got it for! Although most of my RDA's have a adjustable center pin. On my big sub tank the RBA 510 connection was a little short,and I used a Fat Daddy small washer under the screw head to raise the center pin. It worked great,so that may be the fix for the RDA's?

Last edited:

rks1949

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Lawrenceville,Illinois
The Vape Mail came a few minutes ago,and the KBox was in it!:) The fit and finish are perfect. The first thing I tried on it was my Little Boy RDA @ 35 watts. It vaped like a champ! Then all my regular Kanger tanks,and two Lemo's,not a hiccup with any of them. This is so simple to operate,that the village idot (me) can operate it!:laugh: From the price point,and ease of operation,and size I think Kanger hit this one outta the park! It's actually thinner than my 50W istick. I've found my new (beater PV) for when I'm out and about!:toast: 001 (23).jpg

always9988

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Hicktown, OH
Ugggh I still can't get it to work. I dropped the 510 down on all my adjustable drippers and it still blinks at me, won't read them. Seems like it's an isolated issue and just mine doing it, I think it's too late to return it (got it when it first came out and didn't have time to play with it til recently)

always9988

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Hicktown, OH
I got a similar issue. But if I screw in the subtank mini at a normal rate, then fire it up. The lights blink like its shorted. but if i loosen the tank a little, to an unsafe level, it will fire normally.
Seems odd its so difficult, glad I'm not the only one that had issues though. I ended up passing mine on to someone who was using it exclusively for a subtank so it worked out for him, I was just really disappointed. That was such a huge flaw in my book

tehmidcap

Verified Member
Mar 13, 2015
PA
I think it's specific Kboxes that have that problem, like maybe they had a bad first batch or something.

I had one (first one I bought) that would fire fine with Subtank Minis but not with anything else (not even Protanks that have similarly long connectors). I sent it to Kanger and they sent me a replacement -- the replacement works with Aqua, Derringer, Kayfun, absolutely everything I own. It's not meant to ONLY work with Subtanks, and I think maybe you should have just used the warranty that came with it.

For anyone that's still having the issue but are beyond their 30 days -- It may look a bit funny, but using an adapter will work. I tried it with the first one I got before I got it replaced, if you put a 510>Ego adapter in the Kbox then anything will fire once threaded into the adapter.

tehmidcap

Verified Member
Mar 13, 2015
PA
I've never had a problem with mine making contact with my RBA's,or RTA's? For what they sell for,they are a impressive mod!

Yeah, that's what I'm saying, they shouldn't. For the price they are a VERY nice and sturdy mod -- If yours isn't working with severl attys then you have a defective unit and should(/'ve) follow through with Kanger's warranty process.

But for anyone thinking of buying one, that IS NOT a flaw of the device.

AnubisDrake

Apr 20, 2015
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Don't get me wrong. I'm really impressed by the KBox. I don't like box mods but the way they designed it fits perfectly on hand. But this issue is a big deal in my book. I'll try setting up the coils and wicking one more time before I get to the Manufacture's Warranty. I will definitely use again. If all else fails, I'll just buy a new KBox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread