Kbox mini Platinum problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
Ok got a kbox mini platinum and no matter what wattage i have it set at i chucks 6.9 volts at the atty frying it tried tank on evic and mvp and atty tank fine although fried. So got a replacement does exactly the same just wondered if anyone else has had the same problem

Have you tried a different atomizer ?

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Well, after some Googling, it seems there may be a limited number of the Platinum series with a Chip issue.
A couple others have been reported with the same symptoms.

One user noted - After a quick Firing/draw, the unit would reset to fire properly until it was power cycled again.(woke from sleep mode)

Try something:
Using your defective(damaged coil), Quickfire the mod watching the v reading.(1 second burst) within a few seconds Fire the device again while observing the v output to see it it drops back to normal.

Either way, it sounds like you swapped one Bad unit for another bad unit from the same batch. i.e. vendor ordered 50 units and Both of yours came from that stock order.

Vendor should be advised they may have a high incidence of defects within their stock order on this SKU.<should be exchanged with Kanger for corrected product>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread