kbox mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapingnick

Mar 6, 2016
Hey People.

First of all, this is my first post to forgive the annoying questions. I've had a dig round and can't find an answer to my question so i'm asking here.

I moved to vaping about 5 months ago and have a rather meandering journey through ego style vaping, finally resting with a nautilus mini and vapros spinner which seemed to serve my purposes well. Just been into the shop to take the next step and got a topbox mini starter kit and i have to say i'm a little out of my comfort zone.

Now i do like the nautilus tanks so i got one of those to go with it and here's where my problems start. Now i know that the nautilus coils are 1.6 ohm but on the kbox it's registering as 0.22 ohms. Is this a problem? I'm not sure you can change the resistance, just the wattage (which i'm running pretty much at max to get what i'm used to with the vapros). Just feels like i'm running it a little high.

Thanks.

brummyjon

ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2012
Birmingham, England
This is an example of why Kanger (and other manufacturers) should out much clearer labelling on any tank or kit that includes nickel or titanium coils or wire.

Sure, all the information is out there, but a customer should not have to search on google / youtube to find the basic minimum information that is required to use a product safely.

For clarity (in general terms): Kanthal, nichrome - power (wattage) mode only. Titanium, nickel - temperature mode only (with no hot dry burning of coils). Stainless steel can often be temperature or wattage mode, if the equipment allows for it.

It is not even quite as simple as that. But nickel and titanium coils should contain strongly worded and highly visible warnings and advice as to their correct usage.

It is genuinely shocking to me that they don't. Maybe some regulation (of the right kind) is what this industry needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread