Status
Not open for further replies.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
The word KeFf means, depending on what dictionary you search, “meaning enjoyment, well-being or a state of dreamy tranquility.” That pretty much sounds like the state achieved when vaping to me! I recently picked up one of these on the Classifieds after seeing pics of them on the web. These are my thoughts on it after using it for a the past 5 days. I’ll provide long term updates as I go on when they are needed or experienced.

The KeFf by YaYa is in some ways like many hybrids. It uses a genesis style atomizer. Like most, it’s made of Stainless Steel and like most quality hybrids, the machining work is excellent. The KeFf is also a unique hybrid in a number of ways. The first is that it has a unique firing mechanism. Unlike most hybrids that are bottom button or side button fired, the KeFf is fired by pulling the cap down on to the battery body. That may sound unnatural if you haven’t used one but in use, it’s completely natural if you have fired a bottom button device. The KeFf has a rim on which your fingers naturally rest and when you push up the bottom, you naturally pull down the top. No need for a lock ring since it won’t fire when set down or in your pocket.

Another way its semi-unique is that it is adjustable from 18650 to 18360 and all the parts are included. Switching from one to the other is fast, just unscrew the bottom cap, screw on the 18650 spacer and replace the bottom cap all in about 15 seconds. The drip tip is a part of the top cap. While this isn’t favored by some, I happen to love it. It’s comfortable and secure. When you add the fact that the top cap screws on to the atomizer base, you have a very secure housing. As a former pipe smoker, I like to be able to hang my mod in my mouth for a few seconds while I am at my desk, shifting from one task to another while vaping. This is impossible with my Zen’s since the top cap or drip tip usually falls off. The KeFf is solid, the most unified device I own. In 18350 mode, it’s about the same size as my Zen Mini but a whole lot more portable. I don’t take the Zen Mini with me anymore since the cap is falls off too easily.

The Good
The KeFf is very well made and thoughtfully designed (with a few exceptions). The cap won’t fall off in your pocket and the drip tip won’t slip off. It doesn’t leak and it’s built like a tank. There is nothing delicate about it. You can feel free to take this with you without worry about damaging it. It’s fluid lines look clean and unique. It’s easy to switch from one battery size to another. Setting up a new wick and coil is simple. The top wire mount can be tighten by hand with no need for any tools. They should add the same type of screw to the bottom wire mount. It’s easily the most trouble free device I own. It’s very reasonably priced. New they are $170-$175 or so shipped. If you can find a used one on the Classifieds where the seller isn’t trying to price gouge you, go for it. Lastly and probably most importantly, it’s vape quality is excellent. It’s on par with my Line atomizers, which are the best tasting atomizers I own. My battery time is as good or better that the other 18650/18350 devices I own. I've heard some mentioning voltage drop offs but the same 18650 battery lasts longer in the KeFf than it does in in my Zen Ash.

The Really Not So Bad
I don’t know if this is YaYa’s first mod, but he got a lot more right than he did wrong. Anything I would change is simply small stuff. The first is that the draft hole is too small, it’s downright tight. That being said, it's much better to be too tight than too airy since opening it up is simple enough. I used a round micro file mounted in a drill and opened my in about 10 minutes. The spring on the bottom is (at least on the one I received) amateurish. Not in terms of performance but in terms of looks. Mine looks hand made by someone without any skills. (FYI: Since I purchased mine used it may not have been the original. I pinged AG here and he mentioned he switched it out with a brass spring and it works awesome. ) From what I’ve read, the newer included spring solves this on new units. I’ll be swapping mine out ASAP. In 18650 mode, there is some slight battery wiggle with the spring that’s in there. A minor request is I’d like to have the option of a fused quartz tank. The stainless is great for durability but we all like to see fluid levels.

All in all, I very much recommend this device. If this is YaYa’s first device, I can’t wait to see what he comes up with next! (Let’s see one in Titanium!) Great taste, solid build, easy to work on – it’s a well-designed and executed device.

695516.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread