Kennedy 25mm airflow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murphy2278

Sep 2, 2018
I am interested in a Kennedy Vindicator mech mod. I love the idea of having the matching 25mm (two post) rda. What I have been unable to discover online is a good description of the airflow. I’ve seen it described anywhere from adequate to perfect, but that’s very subjective. I’m hoping one of you can help me. The closest thing I have to the size of the Kennedy rda is the Drop Dead. I’m hoping someone has both and give me a comparison of how many holes open on the Drop Dead would be the closest to the non-adjustable airflow of the Kennedy. I’m not really into massive airflow as I more prefer something a little restricted. For reference, the Asmodus C4 is pretty much the only rda where I’ve left the airflow wide open. I do close it down to 2 rows often enough, but wide open is just fine as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: CaveFurby

CaveFurby

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Not sure if this will help, I don't have the drop dead. But I do have a very well machined clone of the vindicator set I received lately....wanted to trial it to see if I wanted to order an authentic. The mech works brilliantly and is a pleasure to use, even on this clone. The atty...well I knew in advance it was wide open airflow so I wasn't surprised. For me, it is way too much airflow....but I like a little restriction on my rdas and this is non adjustable. I think this would be great for those who like really low ohm hot builds, or really big guys with really big lungs...lol. You can of course use any other 24 or 25mm atty on the mech that would suitably match. And coil placement is key too, placing the coils much closer to the airtubes will give you more restriction. I'll confess I did try an experiment that was both cheesy and blasphemy to Kennedy fans....I plugged two of the four airtubes with cotton. This gave me better restriction and upped the flavor slightly....but was kind of unsatisfactory and just violated the spirit of the atomizer. I will confess that of the Kennedy rdas I've tried, my favorite is the 22mm stainless version I have, which is authentic and it is discounted somewhat on their site.....but that atty wouldn't look right on the vindicator.
So this was my perspective anyway. I'm glad I have my version, it looks killer and is here for me when I want a full-bore toot.

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
I passed on both the Drop and the Drop Dead because the flavor production I got from them left me wanting for more (using only the top row of air holes with the Drop). I do own the Dead Rabbit with the Priest cap (Challenge cap), though, and I also own the Vindicator 21700 kit that comes with the 2-post Kennedy 25 and the Stub Dogg (low-profile ultem drip tip) instead of the classical/old full height metal drip tip. In fact I own 9 (nine) Kennedy RDAs (a 2-post 24 and 8 × 2-post 25). The Kennedy isn't just "great for those who like really low ohm hot builds, or really big guys with really big lungs". That sort of stereotypical remark only comes from low wattge vapers who either can't or won't understand the simple fact that, without any vapor production, there can be no flavor production.

The Kennedy, while it certainly is capable to produce fairly big clouds, is especially great for those who, like me, get seasick if doing 7 second pulls and/or those who, like me, enjoy flavor by biting a good mouthful off of their cake instead of by snatching leftover crumbs with their fingertip. The Kennedy provides a reasonable (and perfect, at least for me) amount of restrictiveness if you do 2-3 second pulls and, during that 2-3 second period, you suck just hard enough to fill your (normal capacity) lungs just to the point where you don't yet feel inside your chest the high pressure effect you'd get from an actual deep inhale. With normal sized (7-8mm length, 2.5mm ID) Ni80 coils at ~120 watts, this will typically result in a moderately cool, not warm, vape experience that lends itself particularly well for the majority of light fruity flavors (i.e., that doesn't lend itself well for juices that only come to life after you add noticeably more warmth by designing your coil build specifically for that). So the re-occurring old "hot vape" myth is just classical user error 101. A complete and utter lack of understanding the normal basics of advanced coil building (e.g., fused claptons, staggered fused claptons, aliens) is obviously the culprit.

CaveFurby

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
I can only hope, Dripster, that your arrogant, insulting and self-important post is a result of some kind of congenital defect and not the result of a complete and utter lack of understanding of the normal basics of social interaction and polite discourse in forums. I did not claim to be a Kennedy expert, unlike some. I have read many of your other posts. You are an opinionated, pompous ....

Murphy2278

Sep 2, 2018
942859AD-371B-4AAA-8753-0247A36B5CAB.gif

Reactions: CaveFurby

Murphy2278

Sep 2, 2018
Maybe the Kennedy Trickster RDA? It is even more breezy than the standard 2 post, but the cap does rotate to control the airflow. And looks would be pretty similar to the regular 2 post.
I initially thought that was the one with both top and bottom airflow, but taking a second look, I see that I was wrong. An option indeed.

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
I can only hope, Dripster, that your arrogant, insulting and self-important post is a result of some kind of congenital defect and not the result of a complete and utter lack of understanding of the normal basics of social interaction and polite discourse in forums. I did not claim to be a Kennedy expert, unlike some. I have read many of your other posts. You are an opinionated, pompous ....
If it's any consolence to you, I didn't call myself an expert about anything. Opinionated and pompous would be for someone to talk like they're an expert about the subject of high end RDAs when the reality is they haven't actually even tried putting in an advanced coil build the flavor production of which is in the same league as the flavor capability of your average high end RDA, and then they make the silly suggestion that high wattage vaping necessarily always results in a hot vape or else your lung capacity needs to be bigger than your... this is where I'll stop now.

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
And I actually would like to get the 24 but the Vindicator is 25mm and I want it flush.
For me, the 25 isn't too airy with a low profile drip tip such as the Stub Dogg that's already included in the package like I said. In fact the height of the drip tip makes a noticeably bigger difference in this regard than that small 1mm difference in diameter between the 24 and the 25.

Vindicator.jpg

Reactions: MacTechVpr

Murphy2278

Sep 2, 2018
For me, the 25 isn't too airy with a low profile drip tip such as the Stub Dogg that's already included in the package like I said. In fact the height of the drip tip makes a noticeably bigger difference in this regard than that small 1mm difference in diameter between the 24 and the 25.

View attachment 786063
She is a beauty! Maybe I’ll order a decent clone and see what I think. I bet I could find a clone of each and have both for around $30. Not a bad option before deciding on the real deal. If you watched Jai Haze review the Trickster, he didn’t really bash it or anything, but he did like the original for its ability to pop the top cap on and off without thinking about lining anything up.

Morgan_Drury

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2018
The Kennedy 25 is a bottom airflow. The Drop Dead is a top airflow that has a 45-60 degree wedge at the airflow entrance redirecting it.

This would be like comparing apple to oranges.

Only way to get the airflow to act somewhat similar would be to precisely machine out a bottom airflow on the drop dead and close off all top air flow.

Murphy2278

Sep 2, 2018
The Kennedy 25 is a bottom airflow. The Drop Dead is a top airflow that has a 45-60 degree wedge at the airflow entrance redirecting it.

This would be like comparing apple to oranges.

Only way to get the airflow to act somewhat similar would be to precisely machine out a bottom airflow on the drop dead and close off all top air flow.
I merely meant the feel. The airiness. I know they are different airflows. I have quite a few RDAs and RTAs and I could compare the feel of the airflow between all of them even though the style of the airflow is different.

Murphy2278

Sep 2, 2018
I merely meant the feel. The airiness. I know they are different airflows. I have quite a few RDAs and RTAs and I could compare the feel of the airflow between all of them even though the style of the airflow is different.
As in you can have multiple MTL devices with multiple airflow styles but they are are very restricted.

CaveFurby

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Dripster, I truly feel sorry for your family and those who have to interact with you on a regular basis. You are an arrogant troll. A small little man with a very big opinion of himself. If you had felt you had to jump into the conversation and educate, it could have been done with a little tact. That's probably not part of your character, tact. You know nothing about the mods or atomizers I use, the builds I use, how long I've been vaping, etc. Nevermind, I don't have the time or inclination to speak with you any longer. I accept your apology in advance.

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
Dripster, I truly feel sorry for your family and those who have to interact with you on a regular basis. You are an arrogant troll. A small little man with a very big opinion of himself. If you had felt you had to jump into the conversation and educate, it could have been done with a little tact. That's probably not part of your character, tact. You know nothing about the mods or atomizers I use, the builds I use, how long I've been vaping, etc. Nevermind, I don't have the time or inclination to speak with you any longer. I accept your apology in advance.
Here's what I call obvious trolling 101:
I think this would be great for those who like really low ohm hot builds, or really big guys with really big lungs...lol.
It isn't my fault that you aren't capable to build the 2-post Kennedy 25 in such a way that it produces a moderately cool wet dense saturated extremely flavorful vape (especially in view of the fact it doesn't take to be a real expert to be capable to do so), just like it isn't my fault that you have the lung capacity of a goldfish. So I see no reason why I should apologize to you. The reason why the 2-post Kennedy 25 downright SUCKS for really big guys with really big lungs, is this:

Colorado.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread