Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonJack

Ursus Praedonum
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2013
The Vobbit Hole
Just got a Silver Bullet and a Kick 2......which won't freakin' go into the Silver Bullet with 18490's because of the 2 little contact posts!!!! Anyone figured out a solution to this? And yes, I am aware that I can get a kick sleeve and use it just fine with 18650's, but I didn't get it specifically because I don't want the extra length.

HughDaHand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2012
Swartz Creek, MI
Those little post can be a little annoying with some mods. I don't have a silver bullet but I do have a little trick that I use with some of the small tubes mods that I have. I use a piece of a business card put into the battery tube, this helps to push in the post a little while inserting the kick, as well as keeping the post from getting caught on the threading. Once the kick is in place just remove the card and vape away.

CrimsonJack

Ursus Praedonum
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2013
The Vobbit Hole
Unfortunately with the Silver Bullet the problem isn't getting the kick into the tube, it's getting it to stay down in the tube while you put the head on. The spring pushes the kick 2 up far enough that the 2 posts prevent the threads from catching, so the top can't engage to push the kick down into the tube.

swamijivan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Sunny Italy (South!)
Just got a Silver Bullet and a Kick 2......which won't freakin' go into the Silver Bullet with 18490's because of the 2 little contact posts!!!! Anyone figured out a solution to this? And yes, I am aware that I can get a kick sleeve and use it just fine with 18650's, but I didn't get it specifically because I don't want the extra length.
I found a walkaround for it : changed the spring with another more little and weaker, scratched the inner top of tube to make some tiny step (to hold a little the pins of kick2) So when you put the k2 inside it will stay down and you can srew down top side; after knock down gently the mod upsidedown on concrete and the spring will push up the kick over the inside little "steps" you made... contact!!

Sorry but english is not my native language and is so hard to explaying...

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
CrimsonJack, I suggest posting in the AltSmoke supplier's forum about this issue. I have a Silver Bullet myself and was considering possibly Kicking mine with an AW 18490 IMR battery when the store manager for the local AltSmoke store told me of the issue with the Kick 2 (not an issue with the Kick 1) in the Silver Bullet using an 18490 battery. He offered a suggestion for modifying the Kick 2's contact posts, but I don't recall what the modification was.

Sales associates are not allowed to respond to questions in the general forums, however they can respond to questions in the supplier's forum. This would be your best bet to find a solution.

AltSmoke

Silver Bullet with AGA T2.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread