Kick Chip Question for Nemesis Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike89

Apr 25, 2015
Will be getting my HCigar Nemesis Clone in a couple of days. Looking forward to it. I will be using it with a 18650 battery. I have a question about a kick chip. If using this clone with a nautilus Mini would a kick chip be worth getting? Just using the mod without a kick chip at 4.2 volts, 1.8 ohm coil, it will be at 9.8 watts. I actually like to hit the nautilus at around 12-13 watts. It's what got me thinking about a kick chip. Any comments from users who have used or do use a kick chip would really be helpful. Thanks. Of course a kick chip makes no sense for my sub ohm attys but I'm wondering if it makes sense for the nautilus.

Last edited:

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
If you are vaping withing the range of the kick the Kick is better than no kick. In that you get the same vape from Charge to charge on the battery, compared to normal mech function of whatever wattage the coils draws reducing in power with every puff. You will only get that 9+ watts when the battery is fresh, first few puffs.
Yes, it will work with a Nautilus, between 5 and 12 watts.(or 15watt if that version)

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Thanks for info. I had never even heard of a kick chip until watching a vid on the Nemesis. I was going *** is a kick chip.
IMO... Kick inserts have pretty much fallen off most vapists radar. Back when the now comparatively modest 10 or 15 watts was about as good as you could do, sub-ohm wasn't that common and only a relative few enlightened people understood Ohms law and atomizer build "tuning" to optimize fixed current outputs... a Kick seemed like a good idea.
With the advent of 30 to 260 watt (and more) box mods... the Kick's popularity and value has dwindled considerably.

If you were building the coils yourself and using the OL parity output of a mech mod, you could fine tune the heat flux (radiant coil temperature) with wire gauge and parallel coil count. This is why high watt APVs are popular... the ability to force wattage allows users, from rank beginner to highly experienced, to compensate for a mismatch of build values.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Will be getting my HCigar Nemesis Clone in a couple of days. Looking forward to it. I will be using it with a 18650 battery. I have a question about a kick chip. If using this clone with a Nautilus Mini would a kick chip be worth getting? Just using the mod without a kick chip at 4.2 volts, 1.8 ohm coil, it will be at 9.8 watts. I actually like to hit the Nautilus at around 12-13 watts. It's what got me thinking about a kick chip. Any comments from users who have used or do use a kick chip would really be helpful. Thanks. Of course a kick chip makes no sense for my sub ohm attys but I'm wondering if it makes sense for the Nautilus.

I use kicks in my mechs all the time; they just sit in the mech, I don't shift them around; got 5 vw sigelei kicks, and 1 vv kick. There's no technical reason why there are no 30, 50, or 80 watt kicks, the reason is people are paying big bucks for full mods at the moment, but ultimately, a replaceable kick module is the cheaper way to go instead of having to junk your whole mod when something goes wrong on the chip, be it the screen, of the button or something to do with a wire.

Yes it would be worth getting for your Nautilus

Mike89

Apr 25, 2015
I'm going to go ahead and get one of those Segelei 10-15w kicks from Fasttech. Actually now the only thing I use the Nautilus Mini for is mouth to lung tobacco vapes. All my other vapes are sub ohm (.4 to .5 ohm range) assorted flavors straight lung hits (in the 30-45 watt range). For some reason tobacco vapes don't cut it for me with lung hits (and high air flow I use with everything else) . Tobacco vapes (for me) have to be restrictive mouth to lung hits. Guess it's a 'smoking' thing from my old days.

Reactions: 93gc40

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I have a brass nemi with a kick in it. Works awesome. Think its set to 10-11 watts with a Kayfun light. Haven't used it in a while as I got a k4 on a poldi now.
But I've used that kicked nemi to power all sorts of attys over the years, before the nemi I used it in my roller and 69 mod.

Had the crown as well accidentally broke it.

Kick is based on the very first vw evolv chip when no one else even made vw we had kicks

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
[QUOTE="Thrasher, post: 15909901, member: 107514"
Kick is based on the very first vw evolv chip when no one else even made vw we had kicks[/QUOTE]

When I got my Mod and Kick the MVP1-2 and Istick were the rage in VV/VW. I ADV at 8-10watts. Or full charge and 1.5ohm off an EGO1100 batt. Thing is I was on a budget and wanted to also try sub-ohm.......... How to do that for less than $50<, a year ago and BEFORE, finding this site. Answer was Brass Origin Clone for sub-ohm and a Kick, to run my Mini PT3 and Protank.
I have since retired the PT3, for a Kayfun, SAT22 for ADV and Steam Turbine and Dripper for the Sub-ohm itch.

Reactions: Libbydude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread