Knight V1 vs Aspire Plato

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsheik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
overland park, KS
I have the Plato but do not have the Knight V1.
If I were you I would grab the Knight V1.
The Plato is ok. Works fine, but you have limited options for coils. Sure you have any of the Nautilus/Triton mini series coils and the Clieto style Plato coil, but with the Knight you have whatever topper you want.

I was even using the VVTF RBA in the Plato. IT worked good for me, but most people wont like building on it because of its size so Im not adding that as another option.

For me the Plato sits for now because changing out coils/wicks/juice is easier with a regular mod and topper, but I think it will get used down the road in certain situations.

Reactions: Shawn Hoefer

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
OK a small comparison. First let me say that they are quite different, but I like them both very much, but each has a different purpose in my rotation.
I have only used both in wattage mode, so can't comment on TC.

The Knight is a very nice side-by-side allrounder for a decent price. I like the way it looks, how it fits the hand, and the size of the total package with a tank. It performs quite well, I do find it is not the easiest on the battery, but also not the worst I own.
I would be an ideal out and about mod, but its weight kind of ruins that. It's about as heavy as a 26650 device (264 grams including battery). I don't mind it that much, but for some it could be a problem.
The big advantage it has over the Plato is ofcourse that you can switch up your tanks.

The weight is however the reason why I find myself taking the Plato with me when I leave the house.
It is obviously far more restrictive in use than the Knight because you can't pick your own tank.
But it is very compact and very light. Also it absoluty does not leak.
It is also easier on the battery than the Knight (especially when you go into stealth mode (turn the screen of)) also the tank is even better protected.
It has a large tank and is very easy to fill, but has the drawback that you have to empty the tank when you need to switch a coil. Not so handy to do when your in a bar or so.
Opposed to the Knight it has the ability to upgrade the firmware, it also gives you the opportunity to customise your start screen, also unlike the Knight.

Both are very easy to operate, and I have encountered no problems with either (I own 2 of each and all are problem free).

Which do I prefer? Well I like them about the same, I use my knight mostly when I am at home with a nice RTA in it.
The Plato is my go to mod when I go out, I use it mostly with the triton mini 1.8 ohm coil.

Both give me a very good vape, but as stated you have less choice/cusomization with the Plato, although it does have a wide range of coil options (Nauti coils, triton mini coils and it's own sub-ohm coil) it lacks a good RTA, so if you want to build don't take the Plato.(it has the VVTF nauti RBA, but that's a pain to build on and very limiting in coil size).

Finally some pics:

axdxxy.jpg

1z6sg7p.jpg

2hquf5l.jpg

And some pics off the Knight with some tanks that fit it well:

Factory coil (nauti coils): Kabuki:

2vsnp7n.jpg

Factory coil and RTA: TFV4 Micro

28k4l6c.jpg

RTA: Bellus

2yozxns.jpg

RTA: Merlin:

2mo6urr.jpg

Hope it help, if any questions feel free to ask!
If you can afford it, I would say: get both :)

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I don't have a Knight to compare against as drugarth just did, but I will second everything about the Plato. It's definitely my out and about mod. The form factor is nice and stealthy, and the tank can hold >4 ml using the Nauti/Triton mini coils (not the specific Plato 0.4 ohm though, different chimney and less volume, but I don't go subohm with it anyway). Never had a single leak and the battery is more than sufficient to last a solid day. I might not use it around the house, but it's always sitting filled for me to grab when I head out.

Reactions: drugarth
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread