Knowing what I know now I would...

Status
Not open for further replies.

scinsc

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
USA
In the three months I have been vaping I have had some frustrations, wasted some time and spent way too much money. I started off using a 510 setup and that was fine until I got a passthrough. Wow! BIG difference. In my opinion the closer someone gets to the hit of a real cigarette the easier the transition to e-cigarettes will be. If I were asked to give advice on what to buy for someone ready to commit to vaping and quit smoking I would tell him or her the following:
  1. Order a 5v passthrough (no battery) and wall plug. 10 cartridges, 4 atomizers and a 10-pack sample of 3ml size 24mg strength e-juice (mostly tobacco flavor) I use only VG.
  2. Clean all of the atomizers and then try all the flavors. Pick out one or maybe two that you like.
  3. Order 1 each, 30ml bottle, 24mg strength of those two e-juices.
  4. Order a 5v Electronic Cigarette, a drip tip, three sets of batteries and battery charger.
  5. When the package arrives start charging the batteries. Round up all of your cigarettes and I mean all, put them in your car, drive to the city dump and throw all of those cigarettes away.
  6. By the time you get back home one set of batteries should be charged and you can start charging the second and third set.
  7. Assemble your e-cigarette with atomizer and drip tip. Put in three drops of juice and you are on your way.
  8. When I used to smoke I would use about one an hour. With e-cigarettes its like you have a cigarette lit 24/7. It’s awfully easy to just vape and vape and vape. Don’t do that. Your atomizer will overheat and you will loose flavor and throat hit. Pace yourself. Take 4 or 5 hits, put it down and let the atomizer cool down. You will have a much better experience.
  9. About every 2 weeks thin your e-juice down about 2mg at a time. In 12 weeks you are free.
Best of luck, I hope this helps.

BTW, I buy my batteries, passthrough, atties and carts from MadVapes. Electronic Cigarette- GLV2 from Great Lakes Vapor and e-juice from [FONT=Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]WordUpECig. All have great service and fast shipping.[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
[/FONT] 

My addendum to that Get your inital "bulk" (err..sample?) juice in a range of 12-24mg to start

Usually, 18mg is good for me...but in the mornings, I need something much higher...24-26ish.

Sometimes, even 18mg is too much.

If you insist on keeping normal cigs around - get something that's cheap and tastes kinda nasty.

---------

other than that, I think I could almost agree...

I still hit my normal cigs far too often (especially Camels) - I went from 1.5 packs per day down to....well, l dunno. Less than half a pack per day or so.

If I have my regular Camels on hand, I seem to smoke about 1/2 a pack per day still.

If I have say....Pal Mal's on hand, it's like 1 pack every 3-4 days. The vape is just better in flavor but lacking something.

The less tasty the regular cig, the more I vape, the more I vape, the less I want a regular cig, but I still have relapses.

Lorizgal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2010
Really near the mexican border.
In the three months I have been vaping I have had some frustrations, wasted some time and spent way too much money. I started off using a 510 setup and that was fine until I got a passthrough. Wow! BIG difference.

what great advice, even for me and I have vaping for a while. I started with E9 batteries and then went to the only thing I vape right now (I am waiting for a box mod to come in the mail) a 510 passthrough with inline battery. It's great I can smoke all day if I want to. I don't use atomizers I use cartomizers and if I have enough I can through the whole day by either plugging into the computer for a few hours, plugging into the wall or the car with this passthrough and then walk ( or in my case hobble through the stores vaping on my passthrough with a charged battery attached to it. I usally get good vapor and I know when I need to change batteries but I usually have atl least 2 batteries charged for such emergencies.
I really dig this pass through. I get most of my stuff from MadVapes, Midwestvapors and Totally Wicked E-liquid. But some stuff comes from places having sales on cartomizers and other things. I am not to picky about that stuff. I know that Midwest Vapors, has excellent customer service and the fastest shipping I have seen in a while. When I smoked the E9 mostly I got my cartos from E-cig.com (in china) much cheaper that way.

yoyoma_mda

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2010
San Diego
great advice SC, however I agree with Lorizgal, you really need to treat yourself to some cartomizers (they come in 808 and 510 threadings). this will drastically reduce your refills and will completely remove any maintenance, at $1.39 each you can throw them away worst case scenario. I don't recommend buying from china, my first purchase was from eastmall and they sent me a bunch of junk basically, out of a $212 order $145 bucks worth of stuff was broken. Buy domestic for peace of mind and the shipping will also be faster. I get my cartos at litecigusa fyi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread