KR8 Batts ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serendipity-nh

Verified Member
Mar 6, 2011
New Hampshire
I have KR8 batts from several vendors.. do these have conditioning issues? I ask because sometimes they start off strong and power the cartos producing a good vape and then their "power" seems to drop like a stone.. and sometimes they will last maybe 2 hours of moderate usage.. and other times like 45 minutes and they are needing recharging.. the batts seem to be the most frustrating part of the KR8 2 piece.. or are some vendors batts better than others.. any recommendations? I have 4 in the rotation now and I would hate to throw good money after bad and buy more if they are all mostly the same.. I like the cartos.. should I invest in a Elegant or some other higher mah batt that can use cartos? Suggestions welcome.. hmmm 3 questions in 1.. grin

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
I know what you mean. And, with one exception, I've not found a consistent pattern supplier to supplier. For example, some Vapor4Life (or CigEasy or LiteCigUSA or NHaler or etc.) batts have performed well, others not so much. The one exception is Bloog's MaxX Fusion ... and you pay for it: twenty bucks. Their "Mini" (actually a super-mini) certainly seems to be the best small Kr8 batt: 40 mAh higher than others that size and regulated to deliver a fairly constant 3.6V (which is well-matched to the MaxX Fusion cartos).

I continue to be very impressed by CigEasy's 750 mAh Elegant. I'm still using the original batts from the kit I received almost a year ago (although I don't use them as often as the batteries for my other types of atomizers). [Tip: Start with the $40 one-battery kit. You can always buy a second battery later for a total cost no more than than two-battery kit.]

uba egar320

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2009
WV
I've noticed some differences in a couple of the batteries that I've gotten for myself, or for a friend. I'll probably try a Bloog battery when one of the ones I have dies. The review Grimm Green did on them was pretty impressive imo. One thing I've noticed on one Kr808 charger, is that sometimes the battery needs rotated a bit more(or less lol) and the red light will come back on. Allowing for a bit more of a charge. I've used my 808's on several mods. Imo, they work good. But for some reason, I find myself wanting to use them on the 808 batteries. Seems like they just perform better on them for some reason. Hope this helps, and good luck!

keyzygirl

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Key West,Fl.
I think the 901 Riva works with 808 cartos and its $30 for a set at Liberty Flights.Its a cheaper way to try the longer lasting batts.Theres a 20% discount at the top of the home page and shipping is cheap.I love 808 cartos but use them on my mods for stronger hit and better batt life.Theres also the Elegant and the pig cig.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
The Riva-901 from Liberty-Flights is a great deal and a very good PV, however it only works with some Kr8 cartomizers. [901 and Kr8 threading is the same, but there won't necessarily be airflow.] If that is the direction you go, I recommend that you get yourself a couple $1 901-to-808 adapters from Good Prophets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread