Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
New to vaping, I bought all the pieces separate and made my own "starter kit" using 2 XL 380 mah batteries instead of the standard 280 mah sized ones. I also bought a PCC, the "old" style USB charger (you just push it in, not screw it in) and a wall charger w/USB outlet on the back.

My problem is charging the XL batteries. Seems they take forever, and never fully charge via the PCC, even when it's plugged into a USB port on my PC. As for charging the XLs with the USB charger, 1 of the XL batteries charges fine, the other won't hold more than an hour or so worth of charge... then it dies.

Is this a problem with the battery or the charging methods? I'm considering buying the "New USB charger", which has a little cord length to it, but it, too, appears to be the type you just push the battery into, not the threaded screw in style.

Which is best to charge the XL batteries? Anyone else have this issue?

bornagainst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
Toronto, Canada
www.villagermt.com
Batteries charge faster in the wall charger/usb charger than the PCC, in my experience, and sometimes the red light never does turn green. All depends on the battery....sometimes its a crapshoot. But, they should all hold a charge.

Often, a decrease in performance (including ability to charge and function properly) is a sign that the battery connection point is blocked. First, take a pin and clean any debris out of the holes in the battery. Then, dip a q-tip in rubbing alcohol and swab the  connection point. It’s best to do this weekly for all batteries. About half of the time, this is the issue.

Lastly, if you purchased AUTOMATIC batteries, be very careful if you fill your own carts. If you get liquid in the battery, its not a good thing.

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
I do refill my cartos, but am pretty careful to clean the battery connection on them. It is highly possible I messed it up. I also had one of my batteries fall out of my shirt pocket repeatedly. That may have messed it up electronically, I'm guessing. Maybe I should just get a new XL and go from there. The one seems to charge ok, but still never lasts all day like they did when I first got them. When I first got these the XL lasted all day/night, about 16 hours of vaping. Now I'm lucky if they last 8 hours (1 hour for the bad/dirty one).

Mr.Stick

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2010
Colorado
If your wall charger is rated under .7-ish amps, that might be the problem. I'd had problems with getting a good charge on my XLs, and the problem was amperage. One of my chargers is a universal usb wall plug that screams of generic ancestry, and my other charger is a branded one, of the same make as my XL batts. The generic charges at half an amp, which doesn't do the trick; the branded one charges at .7-ish, which works just fine. Additionally, I have a car charger that charges near a full amp, which also does the trick. My conclusion... kr808 batts like the world between .7 and an amp. Hope that helps.

jetracer06

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA USA
If your wall charger is rated under .7-ish amps, that might be the problem. I'd had problems with getting a good charge on my XLs, and the problem was amperage. One of my chargers is a universal usb wall plug that screams of generic ancestry, and my other charger is a branded one, of the same make as my XL batts. The generic charges at half an amp, which doesn't do the trick; the branded one charges at .7-ish, which works just fine. Additionally, I have a car charger that charges near a full amp, which also does the trick. My conclusion... kr808 batts like the world between .7 and an amp. Hope that helps.

great info dude thanx for I just bought an 808 and i'm currently waiting for it in the mail..

jetracer06

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA USA
jackal..
I've been using my vapor king short for about 5 days now...
I ordered a total of 5 batteries for myself, my dad, and a friend..
All of which, two of them actually stopped working after a day or two..
I think this is b/c I received a defective PCC.. they're sending me a replacement as I speak... I hope..
so mayb ur charger r defective, but that doens't often enough to b the case.. it sounds like mayb u just need a replacement battery..
If you are having problems, I would email customer service and hopefully they will work something out with you..
i ordered mine at V4L.com... (Vapor4Life.com) and they were more than happy to send me replacements.. but I was still within the first couple days soo.. good luck with all that..
I actually ordered an XL a few days ago.. i'll let you know if i have the same problems..

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
I'm looking at getting the Hello 016 instead of a new XL battery. The Hello is 1300 mah. Camping trip coming up, with little to no electric available so I'll be charging off my laptop and a portable battery. I need a decent unit that'll last me a long time between charges. I just wish the Hello had an empty cone to put over the cartomizers. As it is you have to dismantle the atomizer out of one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread